1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woman in legal battle with gay foster parents...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Martin, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-12757.html

Okay, these people are absolute morons!

1) The priest doesn't give a flying fuck that the two people run a hotel. He's just looking for something to moan about. Catholic couples running hotels is hardly uncommon, and I don't see any priests getting up in arms about them raising children. I'm not quite sure what type of hotel he thinks gay people can run but I hardly doubt it's going to be a gay brothel in there. :rolleyes:

2) Converted to a different life style? social engineering? Maybe these morons are weak enough to turn gay in the presence of two gay people, but they should give the child credit for not being as stupid as them. I'm not quite sure what gives them the right to demand things from social services when they agreed to give that child up. It's not a bloody contract like "You can have my child but only if I get demands x and y". Either give them the child or not, after that you piss off.

3) Why do these fucking people think they know more about children than qualified professionals? It seriously drives me mad. These social workers spend years getting professionally trained and qualified, and then some unstable family enters the mix and thinks their prejudice is enough to make them more qualified to know a childs health than the bloody social workers.

Grrr, humans. If only the reality stick wasn't metaphorical.

2. Greggers

[​IMG]

Its coming for YOU and YOUR children! Watch out, soon everyone is going to be gay married!

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Exactly Greg. But if their hotel does turn into a brothel, sign me up. But seriously, when we go to hotels/motels, we don't stop to think "Hey, how many gays occupy that place? Are they havin' jumpin' parties?"

So they must also be saying that Mormon families who own hotels must have quiet, perfect, and humble hotels. God forbid.

4. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

All that story proves in there should be restrictions on who can breed. She shouldn't have been allowed to have kids (likewise the parents of the other 2 kids)

5. littledinosaurs

i really don't think any parent whose lost their child to social services should have a legal right to decide what's best for their kid anymore...hence why they lost the kid.
    the whole case is absurd.

6. Just Adam

what a load of pussy foot legal fuckin shit ass balls crakpot wingebag unfit sons of bitches :angry:

they boy is 10 years old he can make his own mind in life these two guys are good enough to take him into their lives to care for him when she as far as im concerned cant be bothered!

my experience with family issues is that a mother who has had an abusive relationship would not want to let her child out of her sight for fear of the child and now she doesent care that hes going from her but that hes with two gay men its vile and the priest saying its not about the couple its about who will be coming into the hotel..

im sure this was all looked at in great detail and they were cleared to take him in she should just be thankful a loving couple wants to open their arms ... there are places in this world teh kids are just dumped in hell holes and left to themselves :frowning2:

this all seems to be about catholic beliefs.... im sure it must say somewhere about having a child then forking him off on someone else because you cant take anymore :|

i feel sorry for teh son in this he must feel so unloved come from a bad home and i dont know about the farther but the mother dont want him so hes been in care for months and now moving again.

theres an old saying you tend to fall in love with women who are like your mother.... well in this case he should save himself a lifetime of missery and figure out in this time he is gay ( its a longshot )

p.s im sorry i seem un-sympathetic to the mother she is said to of had it bad but any mother who feels the answer to that is to get rid of her child i have no sympathy for and i know she had a "mental breakdown" but that is such a loose term which itself is very sad as there are some people who do have very traumatic breakdowns :frowning2: but hers does seem to be pathetic if shes able to go to this trouble taking everyone to court shouting the odds surelly with this effort she could be careing for her son

7. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

I don't think the mother 'gave' him up, i assume he was 'taken' because she is an unfit parent.

8. Just Adam

just as bad though she couldent be assed so the child got taken she didnt even have the decency to have him looked after he had to be taken :frowning2:

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

10. Just Adam

11. Emberstone

Honestly, gay parents probably do a better job then a sizeable chunk of heterosexual parents.

Why? because they have for so long had to deal with people trying to stop them from having the rights to be parents *surrogacy, adoption, sperm banks, etc*.

Gay parents probably value the children in their care *biological, adopted, or through social foster care like this* more because they have had to fight hard for that right.

I only knew a few people growing up who had two moms, or two dads. They were some of the most well rounded people I know, and one just finished medical school, and another is graduating with honors from harvard law. both grew up solely with gay parents, and both are heterosexual, and their parents embrace that, becuse that is who they are.

I also know a buttload of people raised in heterosexual familys, and either are on drugs, in jail, or dead by thier own stupid actions.

gender preference of the parents has nothing to do with the ability of said individuals to raise children. parenting doesnt come from if you stick your dick in a vagina, or a asshole. it has nothing to do if you are a gay couple with too woman. it has everything to do with your ability to provide a safe, nuteruing enviorment.

Statistically *like pedophillia*, hetrosexuals are doing far more damage then the gaybashers want to acknowledge.

homophobes dont value marriage, and they dont value children, but they are allowed to basically screw up both freely.

12. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I read about this family the other day. I think that social services would have taken more notice if she'd said something like "I want my children to be in a religious family, who attend church and will continue my son's spiritual education". Obviously she wasnt a fit mother but I think that if a child has been brought up all their life in the catholic church then social services should try their best to place the child in that environment. I mean social services would never get away with taking a muslim child into care and placing him in a christian setting. Bloody hell there would be a riot.

HOWEVER! Thats it for the pros of this argument...that is very obviously NOT their reasoning. They couldnt give two hoots about the kids religious upbringing. This family have shown a complete disregard for human rights. By proclaiming their homophobic stance they have completely shot themselves in the foot. The British system allows homosexual couples to foster and that woman gave up her right to decide her child's upbringing when the kid was taken into care.

13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And people wonder why Catholics get a bad rep?