1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chastity Bono announces sex change

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EM68, Jun 11, 2009.

1. EM68

2. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Good for him.

3. Greggers

Alot of people are going to give him crap for this, but this is one tough guy. If he can handle being the daughter of CHER then there is nothing he cant do.

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

good for him, glad people have the courage to say to others I am what I am.

5. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Exactly.

6. Mickey

When Chastity came out as a lesbian,I was a little surprised. Now,coming out as trans,I was very surprised. I wish him all the best and hope that he can now live his life,the way he was meant to. This had to be a hard thing to do. I applaud his courage.

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Am I the only one having trouble calling Chastity "him" after knowing her as a woman for fifteen years? And I didn't see anything in there about being transgendered, just getting a sex change. And here I thought they were totally different things.

8. Greggers

Well, it *can* be a fine line from feeling like a man trapped inside a womans body and feeling like a woman who is very manly. People change over time, and feelings inside a person can grow slowly. He may have been pondering this for a long time, and im sure he has because this is a HUGE change for a person. No one really wakes up and says "I want to undergo major major life altering sugary so i dont have to carry around these damn boobies all day".

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for him! I think it is great that he can talk openly about it. It takes a lot of courage!

10. starfish

This is something that those who come out as a young teen don't understand. It can take a long time to understand the feelings you are having. Then most environments are not very accepting. Maintaining the status quo is expected and any deviation is frowned upon. That is a very power counter force that will suppress these not well understood feelings. Like Greggers said they will grow over time and will eventually surface. How long that takes depends on the person and the environment.

I assume that you mean living as man before having the surgery. Pretty much all doctors require that you live in your new gender identity for at least a year before they will preform the surgery. So it is pretty safe to assume that he has been living as man, we just haven't heard about it.

11. Miles D

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)
    what Greggers said.

12. Jerr

I know this is a bit bad... but if I hadn't read "Chastity" then I would have thought it was a guy becoming a girl... Her picture on that link (Yes, I said her because at that time he was a she...) looked more like a man becoming a woman.

Well, this will work out. I'm happy he's able to do this and be completely content with himself.

13. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so out of touch with any celebrities...I didnt know who Chastity bono was. Well actually I'll admit my stupidity. I read the title really quickly and thought at first it said Bono was having a sex change...I was like "WHAT!!! I did not expect that!". Then I realised I was being a complete dunce head.

Anyway good for him. I bet it was really tough to spend the first 40 years of his life not quite being true to himself. Good luck Bono..:slight_smile:
    xxx

14. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Its good that he can feels comfortable admiting this i hope it all goes well for him. I bet theres still celebrities that are still hiding there true selves and hopefully these days are ending

(btw any realation to Cher will be great no matter what :icon_bigg)

15. Apocalypte

I hope everything goes well for him. To thine own self be true. :slight_smile: