1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dutch school may be able to ban gay teachers!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BitterEdge, Jun 14, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

2. Pvand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's our current government. Everyone is sick of them. The Christians have been trying to take our rights away the minute they were given power. It's sickening.

The European elections last week showed how drastically their support has gone downhill. There's been a huge shift to extreme right. The current party with the biggest support is tolerant towards gays, but those guys are BAD news for muslims. It's a mess either way.

3. Greggers

That there is still a WHOLE lot better than what goes on at our religious schools in Canada/America. You can be fired for just being gay, they dont even NEED a loophole.

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I just hope they are pressured enough to allow for this not to happen, people see the Netherlands as a beckon of understanding in Europe, it would be a shame for them to now start persecuting against a particular group who has no choice to who they are.

5. Greggers

Its still much better to be gay and in the Netherlands than almost any other place in the world, with or without this "step backwards". Just want to re-enfore that point. Its not like "OH MY GOD a Gay Teacher got fired from a Christian Highschool! The Netherlands is not Gay friendly anymore!".

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Religious schools in general are just infuriating to me.

7. stymied

stymied Guest

I'm certainly no Dutch expert, but I would be surprised if this passed. Like you said, The Netherlands are sort of "the" liberal ideal for the rest of the world - if it does pass, I hope that it would be overturned as soon as a new government is elected.