1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Jersey: Where is the marriage equality bill?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BitterEdge, Jun 14, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

As you know almost everyone is anticipating New Jersey will legalize same-sex marriage this year. A commission recommended that civil unions didn't go far enough to protect relationships of committed gay people. Governor Corzine supports the idea and so does the Democrat controlled Assembly and Senate. The overwhelming majority of people in the Garden State also support it.

So my question is: Where is the push for marriage equality in the Garden State now?

2. rainemc

I honestly don't know but I'd love to see this especially because thats where I live. I'd be so proud of NJ if they were the seventh state to legalize gay marriage. If anyone finds out more about this could you update this thread?

3. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It was the one state people were sure it would pass this year; it would be a slap in the face more than NY if it doesn't pass this year.