1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelle O.: "Give a hug to your husband for me."

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by acorn7, Jun 23, 2009.

1. acorn7

From this blog. A gay photographer got to talk to the First Lady during her visit to San Francisco.

Sweet of her. Now, hopefully they get on with it.

2. Amy

Amy

Awww. :slight_smile:
    I love Michelle.

3. Mickey

I don't know what to say about this. I trusted Obama when I voted for him.
    Now I'm kinda skeptical. Is it okay if I say I'll believe it,when I see it?!

4. Greggers

Id love to believe it, but im afraid its most likely just a political move. You say what you think they want to hear :frowning2:

Still, she is a very together woman and i do respect her. Im sure she is not homophobic or anything, but im also sure she is not as fierce an advocate for putting a stake in the heart of DOMA as she says.

5. Emberstone

I agree, I will wait for action on the matter. I do believe we will in time see progress, but right now, I care more about the fact that I am a student with no health care who cant afford to buy into a private plan, as I am not elegable to be on my parents. There are alot of things I see as more important, that effect more people then doma. We will get there; I truly believe it with all my heart. However, I also fear for things more closer to home.

If we can hold out a little longer, and get this country back on track; politically, ethically, economically, and socially; we will be in a far better place to get this done.

As it is, there are so many major problems effecting all americans under the 250k a year per person income line that have been ignored for the past 8 years. People are dieing because they cant get healthcare because conservatives faught to allow insurance companies to walk all over people, overcharge them, then cut the funds when the people who have been lining the pockets of those companys really need the help they paid through the butt for.

We need equal rights, but as of right now, I can wait a little bit longer for equality if it means I will have options for healthcare, a strong econamy, and jobs when I get out of collage.

6. D_Alejandro

I'm glad this has been documented :slight_smile:

Anyways, that's very sweet of her !

7. Alex19

the only place that DOMA belongs is in the trash. and i cant wait till Obama destroys it.

8. ANightDude

Hmm... Michelle is amazing. Maybe she'll be like Clinton and run for pres one day? Just a thought. :slight_smile:

9. Just Adam

bollocks i say..... i want to have faith in the obamas...i even sent a message for pres.obama to read...with good spelling and grammer...makes a change i know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:...anyway i just dont believe them anymore :frowning2: they say alot and never do anything

the latest one i seen is he closeing one detension centre in the middle east the old quantanamo bay hell hole....but defends bagram which is just as bad if not worse as its not been in the public eye so have gotten awya with the horrid things. the pres wants a review on policy there and doesent want torture but is under not promise to close it and unlie guantanamo nobody there has the right to a legal aide or to challenge their detention..they are abducted not imprisoned.... its disgusting under the " they really are bad guys" rule of thumb:S...

sorry that turned into like a paragraphXD

just one example of obama though saying alot anfd not doing anything about human rights. Personallly i think hes jsut gonna end up playing both sides and not go anywhere with anything :frowning2:

i need moer faith ill wait and see :frowning2:

10. Fiorino

I think that our President has a very tough job and he's doing his best at it.
    It's all very complicated, politics, and he has to be careful about what he does
    when and also he has priorities, like getting our economy back on track for
    starters. He has shown that he's dedicated to our cause, but people in our
    society are obsessed with instant gratification and having it all now. You think
    the civil rights movement was won in one day? People, these things take time,
    but I have no doubt that our president will keep his promises. It will be worth the wait.

Also that was super sweet of our First Lady, I love her!

#10 Fiorino, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I love Michelle Obama. She's a classy first lady!

12. Rygirl

I don't actually know that much about her. From what I hear (and thats very limited) the Obama's are not amazing and not terrible. Props to Michelle for acting so cool, hmmm, I'm on the fence.

13. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mmmm, you do know Guantanamo Bay is in Cuba, right? Not the Middle East... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If you put that in your letter then he's going to be very confuseddddddd.