1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Gayby Boomers" Children of G/L Parents Speak Out

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by thespanishheart, Jun 28, 2009.

1. thespanishheart

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

I just read this story on CNN and thought it was worthy of being shared.

It's about Gay/Lesbian parents who had kids years ago, and now that the kids are grown up, are making statements about how good thier childhood was. Basically, they're showing America that there is nothing wrong with gay/lesbian people having kids --- these kids turned out fine!

I don't know about you but the article really touched my heart and made me think that maybe gay and lesbian couples will have equal rights. It's a small step but it's somewhat comforting. The statistics inside were also nice :slight_smile:

Sorry if this was already posted --- I looked around but didn't see anything. If I missed it please remove the topic.

Let me know what you think of the story!

2. Just Adam

i think its a great story i love the sentance
    its really interesting :slight_smile:

3. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's a cute little article, thanks for posting.

4. hiddendc4

that was an interesting article

5. Rygirl

Thats wonderful.

6. Tiffany

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for sharing. I officially tweeted the article.

7. Mickey

What a great story. Thanks for sharing it.

8. thespanishheart

I know, right! It's a good wakeup call to those homophobic people who think gay/lesbian couples adopt kids and automatically try to make the kids gay/lesbian as well. It's not a brainwashing scandal --- they just want to raise kids and seem to do better than most heterosexual parents. It even mentions in the article about how loving the family is and how open everyone can be with each other. It's harder with heterosexual parents in my opinion. It sounds like these couples mentioned really provided the kids with a better upbringing than most. Plus, look how successful and kind the kids generally are --- they are NOT "messed up." Oh, and just another jab at the homophobic people --- there is almost an equal percentage of kids who later find out they are gay from both types of families --- having gay/lesbian parents doesn't play a factor, there is the same percentage that exists between both lifestyles that the child will be gay/lesbian.

Thanks for the comments guys; I just felt that this article was nothing short of amazing.

9. Emberstone

"I believe in family values, but family is about taking care of your children and respecting one another," he says. "It doesn't matter what your sexual orientation is."

not ashamed to admit that part made my eyes water.

The truth will set you free... just most conservatives shun the truth because it doesnt serve their personal vendettas.

10. Hmm... That was interesting. I've got two gay moms so it's nice to hear about this. Thanks for posting! :slight_smile: