1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

support petition for Lt. Dan Choi

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by theworld, Jun 29, 2009.

1. theworld

this was forwarded to me and I figure this would be a good place to forward it on.

"
    Hi,

Did you know that the military is still discharging soldiers who are gay and
    want to serve their country?

One of these soldiers is California's Lt. Dan Choi -- an Iraq War veteran and
    Arabic linguist. Lt. Choi is fighting the discharge and fighting the
    discriminatory "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy. And he needs your help as soon as
    possible.

Lt. Choi goes on trial on Tuesday. I just signed a letter of support via the
    Courage Campaign for Lt. Choi, which he will bring with him to his trial. With
    just a few hours left before Lt. Choi's trial, more than 100,000 people have
    also signed on to the letter.

It's important that Lt. Choi walks into the courtroom holding as many signatures
    of support as possible for his fight to continue serving his country, no matter
    who he loves.

Will you join me in signing and urge your friends to do the same before
    Tuesday's trial?:

http://www.couragecampaign.org/SupportDan

Thanks!"

2. Just Adam

signed :slight_smile: i hope it goes well for him, all he needs to remember is why can he take a bullet under the names of freedom and all tehe other crap the usa likes to think it premotes.. (no offence :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but he cant be himself a gay american wanting to help his country...

human rights etc...

i dont know what kind of case this will be if its a jurys decision i hope they are open minded people who see the plain truth of it all

3. kettleoffish

I signed.

I think it's disgraceful that a nation as powerful as the US is still this backwards about things.

4. DexterMorgan

I signed it. :slight_smile:

I remember watching a story on 60 Minutes about Don't Ask. There was this one veteran medic who was out. He went to his trial with his own PROOF that he was in fact gay, and they dismissed it and told him to go back to work, basically saying he wasn't gay...I thought it was pretty funny.

EDIT: Found it on YouTube

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJDBljXYvw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn1kpwGiZsg[/YOUTUBE]

#4 DexterMorgan, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  5. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I signed it. DADT is not too controversial so I don't understand politicians not working on this. More than 70 percent of people in this country support it's repeal and to allow gays to serve openly.