1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queen sends message of support to homophobic church movement

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Martin, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-13123.html

Oopsie, methinks this was one religious battle she should have avoided. >.<

Anybody outside the UK is unlikely to know that Michael Nazir-Ali, who is part of the FCA, was in the news recently for claiming that gays and lesbians should "repent and be changed", and that granting gays any human rights is immoral and will lead to the breakdown of society. :rolleyes: This was a day after London's gay pride parade, and it's awful timing for the Queen to suddenly send out a message of support to them. :\

This doesn't necessarily mean that she is homophobic or anything, as she has also apparently sent out letters of support to numerous groups, including one which opposes FCA, but I still think it's a bad time to even be associating yourself with such a group considering pride was only last weekend and a representative from the homophobic group has just pissed off lots of people. :confused:

Ah well, more fool the Queen. Tis a shame she never thought about her actions on this one.

2. olides84

Hmmm, does she write letters of support to the WBC and KKK as well :confused:

3. j1013

j1013 Guest

Always knew she was a useless boot

4. Just Adam

this is the most stupid thing shes done, charles maybe but her?.... damn royals never know when to just do nothing

last sunday no the big questions there was " should we try to cure gays" and there were guys preaching levictus and all that crap and some saying im not gay anymore....

all of this stuff just helps enforce the idea we are not normal... :frowning2:

thanks queen for setting public standing of lgbtq's back 15 years as far as the states concerned :frowning2:

5. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the queen does nothing. she's just eye candy (and ugly at that)

I mean, she drives around, cutting ribbons, waving her feeble hand, acting really posh and making here yearly speech of how they're so much more important than us. :tantrum:

screw her. she means NOTHING to england anymore. she's completely obsolete.

6. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

Come on guys, you're going on 3rd hand info here... Don't write the queen off too quickly, if rumor is to be believed one of the Prince's (not sure which son) is gay. She contacts loads of organisations as has been said, and can you really trust The 'Telegraph to give you all the relevant and accurate info in an unbiased fashion? The Queen is an old hand at this sort of thing and i very much doubt she (or more likely her secretary) wrote anything close to saying she supported their views on gay issues. Don't get sucked into the media bullshit. As head of the church she is required to keep in contact with all factions of the church and no doubt dabbles in a little church politics as well so who knows what reason her support was offered for, don't take this at face value and let your righteous indignation (which if justified i'd gladly support) be too premature without all the facts at hand. :slight_smile:

7. littledinosaurs

she's still alive?

8. Just Adam

just because shes an old hand at playing people off in this manner doesent mean she isnt prone to mistakes, and i believe this information as its the stupid sort of thing the royals would do

its sad as im a royalist but they are jsut so useless :frowning2:

oh its all depressing

9. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a tad dramatic. If they're useless then why bother caring what she says? :confused:

I personally don't care what she says in her letters. I think she just chose an awful time to get dragged into the battle between religious fundamentalists and gay rights campaigners. I doubt she even knows what she has got herself involved with as she doesn't seem like the type who browses the pinknews website on her laptop keeping up with the latest actions from the gay rights movement.

I'm not a fan of her (by a long shot), but my soul is hardly dying inside because she said something which wasn't screaming out support for our beliefs...

10. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

what an idiot; she is out of touch with modern day people in England and the church.

11. Alex19

fuck the queen. if she wants to support them, tell her to go right ahead. sux for them that ppl r getting smarter and realizing that what they r doing to us is not right. all the fundamentalists in this world will lose, and they know it. thats why theyre trying harder than ever to stop us.

12. Just Adam

i dont care about timing to support them anytime is wrong and if she doesent even know what shes doing then thats useless pathetic depressing as it shows shes not keeping informed on things shes supporting what else as she supported not knowing about ? and where are her advisors saying your majesty are you sure tis is wise..then she says off with your ehad and alls good....

and as for dramatic dramatic uke's its what we do XD

13. Fiorino

Hmm, I'm not sure what to think. I like her, I think she's a good person,
    and I'll believe that she sends letters like that to any organisation. At the end
    of the day though, even if she is homophobic, it's not going to change my life,
    I don't know her personally, and if I ever met her I doubt it would come up in
    a conversation.

and what's this about a Prince being gay? Harry or William? I want to marry
    one of them just to be a prince not to mention them being absolutely gorgeous.
    :icon_bigg

14. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

? I'd hardly call the British monarch a christian fundamentalist, and i think that getting militant about something which is probably no more than sensationalisation by the press is not the way forward.

15. Just Adam

im pretty sure its prince andrew...and i would jsut as shes sipping her tea say " so whats this i hear about you beieng homophobic your majesty"... i remember my mannersXD

and she will either choke or spit the tea out in an over the top fashion and i will laugh she will get all hmmm the guards will shift slightly uneasilly the corgis will growl and ill feel satisfaction ....

ok thats my little fantasy over

16. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

Lol! Sorry honey, i think it's meant to be one of the elder prince's, andrew perhaps. I wouldn't mind a bit of harry and will's myself. ;-)

17. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We don't necessarily know to what extent she is 'supporting' this group though. :wink: As ElusiveMuse said above, it's her duty to contact all the factions inside her church. We can't necessarily lynch her because she fulfilled her duty to a faction that has beliefs we disagree with. We can't condemn her without knowing what the letter said. Plus, we can't be sure what constitutes her supporting them. Did she say in this letter that she understands and respects their cause? Did she say she stands behind them and will back them all the way? Both of those are two clearly different statements, and we can't lynch her without knowing which one she backs. If it's the first one, which I suspect it is based on other reports, then she's merely fulfilling her duties as Supreme Governor. She has to support every faction in her church, and that includes the ones she may or may not have differing opinions with. Her saying that she "supports" them doesn't necessarily mean she's a homophobic bitch who needs spanking with a dildo, it's just that it's not in her best interests to pick and choose which faction she offers support to. It's a case of all or nothing.

If, as other reports are suggesting, she has wrote to numerous factions (one being a faction that opposes the FCA), then it doesn't appear that she is siding with anybody, just that she's fulfilling her requirements.

18. Just Adam

martin i ban you from ever mentioning spanking the queen with a dildo again!

that mental image should never be mentioned :S i dont want to lynch her i jsut think its poor judegement by her and she doesent have to contact every sector of religion im sure she can choose to ignore those that are only there to spread intollerance.

ive allways been a royalist i loves the queen mother such a sweet woman :slight_smile: ...but things like this i think she would of been better off not writing to them... unless the letter does say she doesent agree but i cant see any overly negativeness coming froma letter by her

i think they should release a copy of the letter so we know what was said it would show good form .

i dont think shes homophobic though well i hope not... philip though well... haha but i think hes a nutty old relative type guy i can see him now chaseing round the estates trying to shoot swans with a old rifle XD bless...

19. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you know what ELSE you can do with the queen and a dildo?:roflmao:

sorry. I couldn't resist :roflmao:

20. Just Adam

NO! bad sean NO!!!!!