1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advocate Fail?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Legnaj, Jul 6, 2009.

?

Should Hilton be on the cover?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    74.3%
  3. Undecided

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Advocate Fail

Should this guy really be on the cover. I mean sure provide a diffrent point of view blah blah blah hes been a bad apple even before he threw down at Miss America. Should he be on the front cove or is The Advocate making a huge mistake?

2. Just Adam

no simply as we can do better

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No he should not. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I cannot stand Perez Hilton! I think he is a huge misrepresentation of the gay community overall.

4. Greggers

Read the article before you vote, cause its not like its 6 pages of praise for the guy. The Advocate does try and bring all his faults to light and not just sweep them under the rug cause he is gay.

But reality is, Hilton is Gay, Hilton has been getting major press recently, and with that press id hope some of it is gay press trying to actually and fairly talk through all the recent crap with him. Nothing is worse than only having one side of a story covered.

The article was good in my opinion. It was just what i wanted someone to print. I think some people are a bit too harsh on the guy just cause he is gay. He is really just an insecure little boy and id hope he gets treated the same as if he was a heterosexual in the same situation. Reality check: That wont happen, atleast not at this day and age.

Edit: The magazine is an "LGBT News" magazine. I think its silly to ignore the most talked about homosexual in the past months because hes a tard. If you notice, organizations like GLAAD called him out on his wrong doings, and The Advocate just reported on it all (like a NEWs magazine does)

#4 Greggers, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  5. KatoKumi

I just don't believe that he held himself correctly. He said some pretty bad things for the attention. I just don't think he's a good representative of what the Advocate seems, to me, to stand for.

6. Just Adam

im not harsh on him because hes gay :S i just dont like how he went about getting to this, but i dont care i never even heard of the guy before the last thread i read about him so in teh immortal words what ever :slight_smile:

7. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

no I follow his blog yes, but perez is a waste of a cover.

8. littledinosaurs

Wow this is a good joke...oh wait he's serious. xD

9. Emberstone

Is he really gay. I have never seen him with another guy, but I have heard him talking frequently about being gay.

he is like a walking stereotype with no real personality.

10. acorn7

Quoted for truth.

11. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

People without tact or those who name call on a fairly regular basis, those who use defamation to further themselves with popularity, those who out others based on the principle of "He's gay so EVERYONE should know" should not be granted coverage.

The reason this man won't fade away is because he keeps doing uncouth things to garner more and more attention. I don't know if anyone outted you [the reader], but I sure as :***: wouldn't have liked that. It would've been a total invasion of privacy, respect and personal space. Truly, his tactics are far worst than the paparazzi. And I also think it's shameful that he's pretty much seen as one of the only gay guys to go to in the world; as if he is some great idol.

We need a much better role model.

#11 The Enigma, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
  12. Just Adam

i have john barrowman XD

13. Emberstone

The thing about perez hilton is that he almost always treats his (claim of ) homosexuality as a fashion accessory. He is quite insensitive to gay, or suspected to be gay celebrities. he is fairly mocking to them, and he is always trying to out everyone as gay roughly, not realizing that this is a matter of personal privacy, and he is being rude and intrusive by forcing them out of the closet (expecially when it really isnt any of our buisness if they are or not.)

He has even used his (claimed) homosexuality as a excuse when he gets slammed for his behavior, even if what he was doing had nothing to do with gender orientation. instead of crying 'foul' when he gets criticized (rightfully so) for his behavior, he cries 'GAY!'

Like I said, I have seen no evidence that he is gay. All I have seen is his rude, inappropriate, and intrusive behavior with a little 'i'm queer, i'm here, get me a dasani or you will never work in this town again!' thrown in.

It is a sad day when we loose people who actually have talents and reasons to live like micheal jackson and ferrah fawcett, but get stuck with little turds like perez hilton, who merely got famous by abusing and exploiting celebrities.

of course, the scary thing is that many of those celebrities are lining up to be the next to be dished on. it scares me how celebrities call the paparatzi and tabloids and give itineraries because they love being in the media glare.

14. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perez Hilton, like Paris Hilton, are best treated like a bad bug bite.

Ignore them and they'll go away. Keep scratching and they'll keep getting bigger.

15. Just Adam

cant we get some spray or cream to get rid of them?

16. acorn7

I fail to see how Perez Hilton is worst than any gossip magazine or papparzzi organization... US Weekly, OK!, TMZ.com, and all of those are as bad, if not worse (more hyperbolic and inaccurate) than him (oh, and what about the National Enquirer?). Perez, like those organizations, reveal intimate details of celebrities' lives to gain traffic (and andvertising, and $$$). It's his job, like it or not, and he's very successful at it. Now, whether that's a good thing or not is debatable, obviously. But it's not as if he was some kind of monster.

All I would argue is that we don't need less of Perez Hilton, we need more diverse, smart and active celebrity gays so ignorant people can base their views of gays on more than just one gossip blogger.

17. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't stand Perez one bit but I can see why The Advocate interviewed him.

18. Emberstone

It is kinda like what annoys me about tyra banks. Gay people are fashion accessories to people like banks and perez hilton. Tyra does gay themed shows, then play to stereotypes. perez hilton, whenever he gets criticized for his disgusting behaviors, seems to insinuate the critic is being homophobic.

Look at ellen and portia. they are gay. that is true. but they dont act like victims, or fluant it. they are open and honest about it. they dont shy away from it. they dont however base their entire persona on it.

perez hilton constantly talks about being gay. seeks to live up to every negative stereotype out there about gay people (which cant be applied to most all of them), and then uses gay as a way to abuse celebrities. he constantly is forcefully trying to out celebrities, most of whom are not gay. he does it for attention, forgetting (because, as I said, I am not convinced he is gay, because maybe then he would know how personal a struggle coming out is for many people) that coming out is a hard thing to do.

19. Chaos

This Ftw. :slight_smile:

20. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really do not see the comparison between Perez and Tyra. I don't like everything or every episode of her show that Tyra does myself. But the big difference is that practically everything Perez has done has been out of malice or just plain nastiness. Tyra doesn't intentionally insult anyone and do obnoxious things like draw penises next to celebrities' faces, out anyone like it's her God-given right and insult children like Perez did with Adam Sandler's young daughter by telling her she needs to go on a diet. Tyra has also done shows about gay people of different races and so forth, and all of her gay themed shows have positive intent. I consider her more of an ally than a hindrance, and she's in NO WAY NEAR the league of someone like Perez IMHO.

#20 excuseyou77, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009