1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14 year old writes letter to gay hate group

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by rainemc, Jul 10, 2009.

1. rainemc

I was browsing the internet and i came across this website here. >http://americansfortruth.com/news/a-14-year-old-gay-atheist-hates-americans-for-truth.html

I didn't know there was a site dedicated to bashing gays although i should have figured. I loved this 14 year old boy's letter. Although it was an angry letter he managed to make gays and teenagers look intelligent. I'm so glad that he didn't spell things lyk thiz. I detest when people do that unless It's intended as a joke between friends.

His ideas were very well put together but it didn't seem to phase the hate group. the groups response was infuriating. what do you guys think of the letter. Comments are welcome about the letter and the website.

*edit* Is the person who wrote this on EC? If so I'd love to hear from you.

#1 rainemc, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I highly doubt he'll respond to a 14 year old with any extreme rebuttal. One, it'd be hard to argue anything without the backing of his religion. Second, it wouldn't be good for PR. :grin:

3. BeautifulStranger

That is sickening...
    I wrote them an e-mail myself...

4. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

wow i looked at that site and i cant even begin to understand people like that at all i had a couple kids in my debate class like that and it was war every day between our debates i just wish people would stop hating someone for there differences and i was born like this it wasnt a choice for me but even if i chose it why should i be ridiculed? this is why its so hard for us people like this just make me sick because how could they hate me so much and i dont even know them, but yet i still dont hate or even dislike them for their beliefs. and good e-mail tyler it was very smart ass lol but they definately deserved it

5. Nugget

LOL, the boy asks, "I want you to tell me, from a non-religious standpoint, exactly how homosexuals are hurting you?", and Peter only answers with, "Let's pray for him."

So much for a straight reponse.

6. epiphanies

It was a straight response, sadly.

7. Kaim

Kaim Guest

It saddens me that there are people that actually run and read this stuff. On the other hand while having good intentions, sending them letters proving how wrong they are is just asking to be trolled tbh.

8. BeautifulStranger

Eh, I wrote it from my back-up account.
    AKA the one I never use

Besides, one raindrop raises the ocean.
    You never know until you try

9. rainemc

Tyler, that was an excellent and moving letter. It sucks that nothing will probably change his mind though. Someone THAT set in their beliefs will not change. I just hope he posts your letter. Maybe if his followers read it they will change their mind! I hope you opened up a few minds over there! Good job. Let US pray for THEM!

10. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I applaud this Joe for such a letter, and Tyler for an equal response, to these twits.

How someone could just sit back and casually write 'let us pray for him' couldn't infuriate me more to be honest; this lad, of only fourteen, had the balls to write something so coherent and plain, filling it with his raw emotion, only to be mocked and scorned at by adults.

As much as I try to in life to see everything through different people's eyes, I can not with this bunch; their minds are so, so...ergh, I can't think of the word... dead? Brainwashed? Closed? I don't know. They're just begging for bad karma.

11. DexterMorgan

Ugh, this is pissing me off.

I don't know how people can be so fucking ignorant...

WHY must they worry about what other people do in the first place?

12. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not surprised anymore, this kinda stuff has been going on for a while, back in the day religion was used to discriminate against people of different race, then gender, the interracial marriages was supposed to bring about the down fall of man kind but it didn't, then abortion, and now LGBT, these people just need something to bitch about.

if you need something to raise your spirits though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1P4_YCFtkQ

good listening :eusa_clap

this might be kinda bad, but my class has got a pool going on on which minority is going to be the next victims of these religious yahoo's; my money's on illegal alliens

13. thevre

That site is bullshit. These people just aren't going to change their minds. Just wait until they die and realize how fucked up they were.

BTW that above was a beautiful letter... I've often tried to come up with something like that but it always goes on for about 5 pages- yours' was just a smack in the face.

14. Greggers

I know sites like this can really get you down, its only normal when you see an entire website telling you that your a sickness to feel bad. So ill take a que from the ry guy and give y'all a nice pick-me-up i know one or two of you have seen before:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX-bD7oFqI4[/YOUTUBE]

15. Tiffany

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    He did great... poor kid. I can't imagine the emails he's getting from "Americans for Truth" now... but he did a good thing.

16. I love going to sites like these. It makes me remember how much superior I am compared to nearly half the population.

17. littledinosaurs

I like how the site has a warning label
    Only i think they put children instead of "smart human beings."

18. KeithJ108

I'm surprised by how much i liked that song...it was more expressive that I expected from a song called 'Fuck You'...and it's appropriate viewing after that website.

As for the letter...if these guys listened to reason that easily websites like that wouldn't exist. It might be like :bang: but it still needs to be said.

19. silentsound

I wish more Christians would practice what they preach (ie love). It's d-bags like this that give all religion a bad name.

20. Cracked Actor

I'm disgusted by sites like this one. I really am.