1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuality isnt real?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by rocking23, Jul 15, 2009.

1. rocking23

Perez being interviewed by Margaret Cho:

http://mtviggy.com/content/14076

Give this video a little watchy, watchy. Skip to 1:20 for the good stuff.

If you don't want to watch the video I'll just sum up the point Perez made:

To be honest and not to be rude or offensive, I sorta agree with this...
    Like I can honestly see it in girls but in guys I don't really believe it.

Comments? Thoughts?

2. RaRa

Re: Bisexuallity isnt real?

Hypocrite.

3. rocking23

Me?

4. Shevanel

Umm its totally fucking rude and offensive. Perez is a hack and a douche. I thought this was understood.

5. Greggers

I believe in Bisexuality because im not blind. I see people like....joey for example...who have honestly and clearly expressed emotions for women AND men at different times. Its real.

I do kinda feel (and dont shoot me over this) it must be harder to be truly happy with one person as a bisexual. Men and Women are SO different, that if you like both you must like different things in one than the other, so if you can only have one at a time how do you fill all those wants you feel? I dunno, maybe its just cause im not Bi. I do personally also think i would worry about someone i was dating who was Bi running off with a woman. ....but PLEASE prove me wrong if your Bi and think you can convince me otherwise. Im very open to that. Im just not educated enough maybe in how bisexuals think? I dunno. Deep inside my heart i feel im wrong, but in my head it seems to be like this.

6. CrystalCat

Wow, u just summed up my views right there

7. Tim

Tim

Pardon my french, but in his same logic, if you have a *cough* in your vajayjay, wouldn't that make you straight, which makes him a hypocrite.

Seriously, did he really say that? -.-

Although I have mixed feelings regarding bi people (It really varies depending on the person...), I do know it is real, and wow, how stupid can he get?

8. CrystalCat

I would love for a bisexual person to describe to me in depth his/her feelings and beliefs and emotions about bisexuality and what it means to them to be bisexual. I don't think i fully understand it, and with the "bisexual craze" exploding in high schools everywhere it's just making it worse for bisexual people in my eyes. Ahh idk. But yea. Anyone?

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Wow, what a douche. I totally don't understand his logic there - it's possible for girls to be attracted to both girls and guys, but not for guys to be? Right.

10. DexterMorgan

Sure, if you have a dick in your mouth, you are committing an act of homosexuality... But if you had your penis in a vagina wouldn't that make you straight?

Exactly.

Perez is a douche.

11. Shevanel

Give me a few days to collect myself Greg, Then I will.

12. Miles D

For me, I don't tend to see gender... I mean, I don't consciously think "That person is [male/female] therefore I [will/won't] date [him/her]." I think it definitely has to do with my own gender identity, and noticing how fluid gender is, but for me gender doesn't factor into who I'm attracted to. (Although, boys are hotter in general than girls... to me) :grin:

[I'll let you guys know if this changes after I go through second-puberty.] :grin:

13. singtoh1

Perez is a douche. He just does things like that for the attention.

I'm so sick of people like that. Sick of people that shouldn't be famous in first place.

14. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I get where Greg's coming from exactly it's kind of how I feel. Although I know bisexuality exist and I'm fine with it I don't think I could ever date someone who was bi just for the simple fact that i would be afraid that there would always be the what if they were with someone of the opposite sex and I'm not sure that I could handle them leaving me for a guy.
    -No offence to anyone who's bi, this is just the way I feel, don't really know why.

15. GhostDog

I am just gonna go ahead and apologize in advance for how freakin' long this is.

Well. I'm... still a bit undecided. I tend to prefer women, but I still find enough men attractive that I'd feel weird calling myself a lesbian. I think. I've still got some things to work through. It may be that someone else gives you a better answer.

But, I can say that it is largely due to the sheer number of those high school/college trendy "bisexual" girls that I'm reluctant to call myself bisexual (even though I know it is probably closer to the truth than just calling myself flat-out gay, so I should probably just get my head out of my ass). And some may genuinely be exploring their sexuality, I don't know. But they don't seem to give a good overall impression of bisexual people to the rest of the world. It doesn't seem like there's any one group that bisexuals don't get shit from. It doesn't help that I'm a college girl, myself. Hard enough to get people to take you seriously enough as it is, without adding 'bisexual' to the mix. So, you're not the only one who is irritated by that group of people. =/

And, yeah, men and women are pretty different. But then, women are pretty different from each other, and so are men from one another. None of the people I've crushed on have been replicas of each other, regardless of gender. I've liked different things about each of them. So even if you strictly prefer one gender, you're still gonna meet people who are interesting in ways that your current partner isn't.

Maybe someone who's been in a committed, long-term relationship would have better thoughts on this than I. I only think I've been in love once, with a guy, and in that time girls still turned my head. But even though I'd find girls cute, and would have fun thinking about them, all I wanted was to be with that guy (despite circumstances like a ten-year age difference and being in different places in life generally, which in the end meant it didn't work). I'd still check out my female classmates, because it's hard not to, but I really had no desire to be with any of them at the time, because I liked him. I wanted him, even though I still definitely had an appreciation for attractive ladies. My eyes wandered, but my heart was set in one place, if that makes sense.

I really hate that "But s/he's just going to leave me for the opposite sex!" argument. Yeah, a bisexual person might leave you for the opposite sex, but they might leave you for the same sex, too. For that matter, a gay person might leave you for someone of the same sex. Sometimes, people just find someone else they like better than you, and I sort of doubt that it's all that often because they got sick of being with one set of genitals over the other.

I can understand the worry of, "S/he is attracted to something I can't possibly offer him/her," though. But really, when you're in love with someone, that's enough. I usually prefer women! But for over a year there, before it was clear that life just wasn't gonna let this thing happen, all I wanted was that guy. He was wonderful, he made my most horrible days so much better just by being around, and we could talk for hours and hours about absolutely nothing and I'd get sore from grinning so damn much. It didn't matter to me that he wasn't a woman. If he'd been closer to my age and our circumstances were different, I would have jumped at the chance to be with him for the rest of my life. At the time, whatever desire I felt for another woman was overshadowed enough by how much I wanted him, that a few fantasies now and again were satisfactory. Yeah, I still thought about it, but it was just something fun to think about sometimes, rather like being a swashbuckler or a fighter pilot. Just because I enjoyed fantasizing about it didn't mean I wanted to throw away what I had to get it.

I like girls. I like some guys. Yet I am not so overwhelmed by sexual desire for either that I'd ditch whoever I was with just to get my vagina or penis quotient for the month or something. If you're attracted to both genders, I would think that the actual physical gender of whoever you're with is a small part of being satisfied, compared to the person themselves. And yeah, each gender offers something different, but so does each person. Bisexuals aren't the only people who have to decide whether some new shiny interest is really worth leaving who they're already with. There's always the possibility that the grass really is greener, no matter which side of the fence it's on. People just seem to take it personally when someone decides to hop said fence to go somewhere else. Maybe it's easier to pin it on them never having been attracted to you in the first place, so you can be mad at them for lying, rather than feeling like there was something about you as a person they didn't like. I don't know.

I honestly believe that someone who is bisexual is just as capable of settling down and being happy with one person as anyone else. Infidelity or breaking up just seems more suspect when the person involved is attracted to both genders, I guess. If you yourself are only attracted to one gender, maybe it's hard to understand what it's like to like both, so it's easy to just blame the hurt on some inherent fault in bisexuality (rather than just 'our relationship didn't work' or 's/he was a cheating douchebag').

Add that to the fact that so many people come out as bisexual before coming out as gay (not that I blame them, it's hella confusing), or claim to be bisexual because it's edgy/trendy/girls know guys find it hawt/whatever, and maybe you yourself don't understand what they see in men/women, it's so easy to just not trust that a bisexual person ever liked you in the first place. And yeah, there are probably a lot of people who got into a relationship that were confused, and ended it because they figured out it wasn't what they wanted, but honestly. How often does that happen, even when gender isn't an issue? How many relationships end with, "S/he just wasn't what I was looking for"? I wouldn't think An Actual Bisexual (not just confused, or a trendwhore*) is any more likely to leave you than anyone else.

(*But how likely is one of those 'i'm bi 'cause it's edgy' girls really to get in a serious relationship with the same sex? The impression is that they do it to impress boys. I'd think the idea of getting serious with a girl would scare most off. Maybe I'm wrong.)

I can't really talk about it from a male perspective, and I'm not even sure I made sense there. It's late. But those are just my thoughts for what they're worth.

16. Just Adam

i dont give a crap if your straight bi gay pan ....or anything thats your life if thats what you feel you are then who am i to dissagree.

im so annoyed that this moron gets press attention like he speaks for all guys who like guys no matter what their sexuality....why is it more likelly for a woman to be bi than a man? it isnt they are the same.... he has no idea what hes talking about and should be shot....or ignored wither way.

17. 507bro

if you have a dick in you mouth your gay?
    well to me i wouldn't mind having a man junk
    in my mouth, or a women's vagina either that means
    i'm gay?

18. Just Adam

no butters your just very confused haha

if tryd having both at the same time though i dont know what youd be....greedy...ambitious?

19. Jekko

I'm going to be straightforward. "Bisexuality" not only is it a loose term but it's NOT REAL! In the sense that one likes both sexes EQUALLY. It's just impossible, it's like falling IN LOVE with two people the same day. Through out all my high school i've learned that my "bi friends" ended up being gay at the end and would just say bi to feel like they aren't totally gay and the target of. My girl friend told me herself, "when ure bi u still have to like either a girl more or a guy, you can't find both sexes attractive equally." And to that i say, if you are "Bisexual" then you're a either a straight guy who likes girls more than guys (i actually met a guy!!) or a gay guy who likes guys more than girls.

No hard feelings to those who are "bi" but i KNOW there's no such thing as bi when you say you like both sexes... Equally

#19 Jekko, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  20. Just Adam

so you dont agree with the abbility to love both equally but you do concede to be able to love both?