1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The God Box by Alex Sanchez

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 71390S, Jul 18, 2009.

1. 71390S

71390S Guest

Has anyone read it? I think it is just amazing! My mom bought it for me, it's about a gay Christian boy who is having trouble accepting that he is gay. Then he meets a gay Christian boy who doesn't feel bad about his sexuality and did not give up his faith. I was worried it would be too cheesy or dumb, but it was really a thought provoking book and inspiring. I recommend it to anyone, including non glbt people :slight_smile:

http://www.amazon.com/God-Box-Alex-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247980502&sr=8-1

2. Alexander

It's one of my favorite gay christian books. It's not as good as "So Hard to Say", but it's one of Sanchez's best. :]

3. 71390S

71390S Guest

yeah? I am going to read that one next then ^_^

4. EmperorNero

Sounds kind of interesting. I think I'll look into it.

5. Markio

What section of the bookstore would that be in? The LGBT section at a local bookstore seems to have only erotica... :/

6. MusicIsLife

Its in Teen fiction.

Thats prolly my fave Sanchez book, next to his Rainbow Boys series :slight_smile:

7. silentsound

I have been trying so hard to get my hands on this one! I have read excerpts online and it looks positively amazing!

8. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, seems like a pretty good book. :slight_smile: It's great we have books like this around now.

9. Markio

I took a friend to a movie, and after dropping him off at home I secretly went to a bookstore! And I secretly found and bought and read The God Box! It's a great book! I felt akin to the characters and loved the bible quotes Sanchez included. I was a little disappointed that the main character didn't have any siblings, because I have four older ones and feel like no one else has that particular obstacle. Whatever, the book was awesome.

Today I went to the local library and got a library card! They had some of the Rainbow series by the same author! My mom was there, so I didn't check them out, but I feel great because I can start reading again, without spending money or having to drive (it's walking distance). The moral: Get a library card!