1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tim Hortons backs out of NOM event

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Nitro, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Nitro

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like it was perhaps a misunderstanding

3. Emberstone

NoM should be classified as a hate group in my mind, and therefore stripped of protections.

That is what they are spreading... hate.

They are devaluing every child who has two parents of the same gender, AND those children who only have one parent, telling them that they are lesser, and screwed up, and mentally unstable because they didnt have a mom and a dad.

and tens of thousands of children are taken away from heterosexual houses for domestic and sexual abuse...

NoM, fix the fact that one of your board members apperently has a criminal record for beating their children ten years ago...

4. Myke

Myke Guest

Good for Timmy's but they should have never done it in the first place.

5. Greggers

this.

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

good...don't worry NOM by 2011 Rhode Island will have legalized gay marriage; we are just wanting on the homphobic governor to leave office.

7. Emile

Emile Guest

I don't know if I should continue going there. =S

But their french vanilla cappuccino and honey crullers are too amazing :frowning2: !

8. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Overreact much? The NOM thing, being a religious / political thing, goes against Tim Hortons corporate policy. However at first glance the event looks like it could be a non-partisan "family" event, and Tims is a big "family" supporter. Eg: Timbits hockey, summer camps, etc. Tim Hortons gets gets lots of request for sponsorship, so they probably don't do intense research of every single event.

Either that or it was a rouge district / store manager that approved it.

Either way it goes against Tim Hortons corporate policy, and once it was brought to the attention of higher ups, they backed out.

I see no reason to boycott Tim Hortons

9. Just Adam

if this event is just about spreading hate...which the line about challenging the wave of pro gay marriage support. if its relly just a baching get together ...tehn stop it beeing held if this was jsut a stupid missunderstanding lets move on and not give people attention if they got nothign good to say.

10. Emile

Emile Guest

I'm not overreacting. You do not sponsor an event without knowing what its about, it's obvious. They must have known what it was about and when they saw the mess they made, they stepped back out of it. It's not about sponsoring a children hockey team, it's about sponsoring an anti-gay event. There's a huge difference to me. And anyways, I won't boycott Tim Hortons.