1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rest In Peace - Ted Kennedy

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Emberstone, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Emberstone

I am actually really sad about his passing. the Human Right Campaign has listed him as a 100% rating meaning he is a vocal supporter of, and has a good record voting for equal rights for the LGBT community.

I am hopefully that his passing with remind the rest of congress to ship up on health care. he fought hard to ensure that americans had the fundemental right to be healthy regardless, and I know he was frustrated that he couldnt take a more active role in it, expecially when the neocon "there going to kill grandma, put hidden camara's in your children's bedrooms, and force tax payers to pay for boob jobs and sex changes" lies the conservative were blowassing on about.

He was a strong voice in civil and equal rights, and fought to add sexual orientation to the list of groups protected under hate crims.

He will be missed.

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was sad to hear about Senator Kennedy's passing but it was bound to happen sooner or later with him battling brain cancer. He served America well and did a lot in his 47 years in Congress.

3. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    RIP to a true political legend. :frowning2:

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I will miss his fight....no other Senator has a passion for the LGBT community like he had.

5. Nodnarb

I was stunned to see he had passed, despite what he'd been fighting. There are very few Senators who have served as long and have had the kind of impact that he had. It is a very sad loss.

It's hard to imagine all the loss and tragedy the Kennedy family has had to deal with over the years.

6. Emberstone

expecially since in the last two weeks, hey have lost two members of their family.

7. EM68

I had a feeling he was not doing to well when he did not attend Ethel Kennedy's funeral. It's amazing the outpouring of people lining the streets today to see the hearse with his body drive by. Massachusetts and the country will miss him.