1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same Sex Marriage and the district of columbia

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beachboi92, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Beachboi92

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dc/2009/09/ballot_initiative_requested_on.html?hpid=topnews

Hopefully it will not pass. Anyway i am planning to write a letter to the editor with some help from my mom (she works revising writing as a job and does some freelance). I thought it would be cool if i could get anything any of you would like to throw in on the subject to put in my letter. Thanks to all who contribute ahead of time.

p.s. I plan on attending a march on washington sometime in october (i believe you'd have to check) that is a march for gay rights. I encourage anyone who can to look into it and join :grin:

2. Just Adam

ok first off im not sure how they can allow this to go ahead as tehyve previously blocked this type of action from teh same lead guy on human rights grounds.... but should they cower into submission...

this man states its not human rights, im sorry that is incorrect, denying someone the same rights and freedoms you have, discriminating against them and treating them different in society thus making them outcasts from you causeing segrigation of peopel is human rights, what right have you to deny people the same happiness you have.
    all through this the religious aspect comes back again and again.... but their same religions tells them to love there neighbour to love their fellow man, he who is without sin cast the first stone..... and even that only god has the right to judge people and by doing so they are stepping into gods shoes they are playing god, is their any higher sin? what makes tehm believe they can cast judgement on religious grounds? where does it say to people of the same sex may not marry.
    marriage itself is a bonding contract of two people and has been used by religion as a way of binding its people together... it existed before they came along and the idea will long out live them aswell... no person nor religion has ownership of marriage it is simply a contract between two people and the state.
    to quote the bible itself is also false as it is written by man and you have to look withen at its words and the context of the time it is written.

but thats jsut my viws i doubt they help ill most likelly get attacked for them ..i usually am when i say somthing ... but its the religious argument they want so you have to tell them you cant take this book as a reason to deny people what you have but if your going to say this ill say this... allthough they will just say your wrong youll say how am i wrong they jsut say you are and that they are right.... nothign ever changes in life their will allways be the pathetic small minded people i think :frowning2:

3. KaraBulut

Highest crime rates in the US... and they're worried about this?

4. Beachboi92

they claim that it is on a basis of people have the right to vote on it. Me personally think this is not an issue that should be solved by the people as it deals with a minority it is the job of representative government. The way they are trying to bi-pass how they where blocked is by going through the court system.