1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GLBT History

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by beckyg, Sep 2, 2009.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I was a guest co-host on my buddy Ace Lundon's Internet radio show again tonight. I didn't contribute much but boy did I learn alot! He shared many names with the audience that I had never heard of. I also learned of this fantastic website that has tons of information on glbt history if you are interested. www.glbtq.com

Ace said that we can't work toward the future unless we know our past. I realized I didn't know alot about the past. I'm going to have to do some reading!

The most fascinating thing he shared was that a friend of his founded the International Gay and Lesbian Archives that are housed at the University of Southern California. He said that he went there once and his friend asked him to read some letters but had the names blocked out on them. Ace read them and said "Well obviously they are love letters." His friend said "Do you think they are written by a man or a woman?" Ace said he didn't really know. Then his friend revealed the names. They were written by Abe Lincoln to another man! :O Now I know somebody wrote a book awhile back that suggested Abe Lincoln was gay. Does anybody know what that book is because I want to read it!

2. Emberstone

3. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

#3 Legnaj, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009
  4. hiddendc4

Thans for your post becky! I think im definitely gonna have to do some more reading now.

5. Just Adam

wow honest abe... so...the gaybar video is strangelly apt lol

also great site becky and shame i couldent hear the show :frowning2:

take care XD

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to check it out. This is really interesting.

7. kettleoffish

My half sister's at USC! and she's gay, I wonder if she's seen them?