1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Namibia to have first Gay Rights March

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ANightDude, Sep 4, 2009.

1. ANightDude

http://www.365gay.com/news/namibia-city-hosts-first-gay-rights-march/

2. Roshana Goodjah

Re: Nambia to have first Gay Rights March

I personally come from a strict background, so excuse me if these views do not quite coincide with the purpose of this sight. But.. I believe that gay rights has a negligible effect on any party involved. I don't believe its good for the community and as I have seen it creates rifts where there needn't be. I am by no means against gays but i am against the publicity they receive for being so.
    Any opinions on this. And know that I am very willing to change my own opinions if faced with solid evidence.

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Wait. What?
    :lol:
    That's just a funny joke, right?
    You didn't just come onto a LGBT support forum and actually say that you don't think we should have rights. You couldn't possibly have written that post seriously.

Look here, I'm not going to get into a row with you about why gay rights should be supported. Take half a minute of your time and look around the forum. You will see all the suffering caused by the refusal to properly accept the LGBT community into society. People feel they can't tell their parents. There is a serious misunderstanding of what safety precautions should be implemented with gay/lesbian sex.

So. Welcome to EC. Browse through this site and then we will see how "willing to change" you really are.

And on that note: Go Nambia! (Although, I must admit I initially read it as NAMBLA. Ew.)

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Roshanna, first of all, please use proper English. People who are careless are often overlooked no matter how intelligent they may seem. People deserve equal rights no matter who they are. Roshanna, people don't choose to be gay, so who are we to deny people who are in love with people who happen to be of the same gender equal protections under the law.

5. Jay D

Wahoo! Finally other people in the world are coming round to gay/lesbian rights. Took em long enough!

6. dude99

dude99 Guest

I come from a strict background too yet if u dont think its good for the community is it hurting them? What rights is it taking away from the community? Anyway gays have been much discriminated against and the gay parades were originally started due to this. Due to much discrimination there have been many people that believe they are homosexual become really depressed and contemplated suicide. Infact there have been many that have commited suicide becuase they thought they were gay and believed that socieity and family would not accept them and are too ashamed on being gay.

Gay parades are also venues were people can come out of the closet. In additon the parades also show the community on what gays are doing for socieity such as aids awareness, fighting for equality.

Gay parades have also brought increased acceptance of gays in society.

7. Astaroth

I will just say this.

Without gay rights, there wouldn't be a community at all. There would be small pockets of people afraid to be who they are under the false belief that second class treatment is what they deserve.

Progress only happens with occasional turmoil and rifts. It's history's way of galvanizing those who truly want change from those who want invisibility.

Cheers to Namibia!

8. Just Adam

i agree and idid too think nambla....damn south park >.>
    i still do feel inferior...not sure if thats jsut with sexuality though

and roshana ....really? ... i mean REALLY? ....come on WTF! ....sad...:frowning2: