1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elton John to Adopt?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EM68, Sep 14, 2009.

1. EM68

2. Just Adam

been listenign to this for a while now... a tv discussion show was discussing it early this morning.

im not sure what i make of it... hes allways said he didnt want kids but its believed for a while he and his partner have been coming around to the idea.... i jsut dont like how he goes to another country where if your over 45 or summat correct if wrongm, and are gay you cant addopt and jsut happens to fall for a kid and says i want that one...

there was a lot of discussion if the govt their and here fastrack and allow this adoption but they dont want to change their laws hes letting 'the side ' down i can kinda see what was meant by it but i think it would reflect jsut as bad on the governments as another thing was said is these peopel get fast tracked in the uk too when adopting from abroad as it can take upto two years for peopel here to do as theres lots of checks need to be done and celebs fly through it...

he doesent even know the adoption procedures he jsut says i have to have him like a pet... and the sad thing is its becoming a culture a fashion symbol to adopt tehse kids and to give tehm a ebtter life >.> look at me im a great person... and forgive me madonna fans but she went to a country that doesent allow outside adoption takes 2 kids by going that one...taht werent even orphans and well..it aint cool really as it was a publicity stunt im sure she can love them fine but the motives behind the idea and teh larger morality and where it can lead worrys me.

there are 4000 kids in the UK that need a home and perhaps he should look here first not to be protectionist or anythign but it would of made more sense legally it should be so much easier would be easier on the child and all involved for intergration purposes...

but despite any negative worrys i may have on the idea he deserves to be happy and have a loving family and aslong as he goes through all teh proper procedures and they really want to raise this child then sure... :slight_smile: i just hope it is about the child and not a La style fad.. :S

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

He's a bit old to adopt....

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>He's a bit old to adopt....

And actually, that makes me wonder if perhaps he's the RIGHT person to adopt.

So many celebrities seem willing to adopt (mainly foreign) children, but most do it in the thick of their careers. When they're still making two movies a year, or going on world tours, or attending red carpet fetes around the world three times a week. These, to put it simply, are not ideal times to attempt to raise a child. Either the career or the kid is going to suffer, and far too often, it ends up being the kid.

Elton John appears to be done with the two-albums-a-year-backed-by-a-world-tour grind. He sporadically puts out albums, and tours pretty much only when he feels like it. Most of his concerts as of late were rooted to the spot in Vegas. He's also been in a steady relationship for many years. This may be good groundwork for becoming a parent. That said, if he's going on with the "I have to have him" attitude, then maybe he's not clear about what this is all about.

Lex

5. Just Adam

he still says he is concerned about the working and not beeing there though... which is nice ot see that he cares about it.

6. Shevanel

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O80b002XT0&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not sure if the man who made this song can do much wrong. ( I know I'm exaggerating a bit, because I know he's done some few stupid things in the past, but still!)

I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to adopt =/

7. Just Adam

awww i love this song..i allways used to think when younger he said hold me close now tony danza

and as far as stupid things not that many bit easy with spending money :S and bitching alot but thats just life :slight_smile:

two things i love the dan dare song XD

and the piano bits in tiny dancer makes me think of cheers :slight_smile:

#7 Just Adam, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  8. olides84

9. Emberstone

what is with celebrities only adopting forgien children? it comes off to me as if foriegn children are a fashion item.

10. Jay D

He's a wee bit old, but he should be allowed to. He's a good guy after all.

11. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I thought Ukraine didn't allow gay adoption

12. Just Adam

i just heard on teh news they said he couldent as he was too old and " not traditionally married" thats jsut a PC wasy of saying cos your gay ... >.> horrid despite my concerns thats boys govt has cost him one hell of a life...unless Elton goes ona bitch fest and launches hell over this...doubt it but would be nice XD

13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

To be honest I don't think he'll make a good parent, he doesn't seem to be a nice person.

14. Amy

Amy

When I saw the thread title, I got excited. Now, I'm just jealous...

15. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I don't see how when a woman over 60 gives birth people say she's too old to be a parent yet when a gay celebrity at the age of 65 wants to adopt it's different

16. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Because the kid isn't emerging out of him

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You know I have family who have adopted and they always speak of looking in their child's eyes and just knowing that they belong together. Maybe that is what Elton felt with this little guy. To look at the pictures of the two of them together, they just radiated joy. I felt really sad when I learned the government would not allow it.

18. Amy

Amy

(801): I feel like dying is the new "adopt an african baby"

That is all.

19. Jekko

Ukrainians are the hottest

20. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aside from the fact that most women have reached Menopause before 60, there is a greater risk of complications or birth defects when giving birth at an older age.