1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extremly harsh anti Homosexual law introduced in Indonesia Aceh

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by dude99, Sep 14, 2009.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

Indonesia's Aceh passes stoning law

Legislators in Indonesia's Aceh province have unanimously approved a law allowing adulterers to be stoned to death.

The regional parliament for the devoutly Muslim province on Monday passed the "qanun jinayat", or sharia law for crimes, also allowing for homosexuality to be punishable by long prison terms and people caught having pre-marital sex to receive 100 strokes with a cane
    source: http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pacific/2009/09/200991418142587643.html

-------------
    Anyway adulterers could also mean homosexual offenders. This is serious bs. It appears there are societies out there that have not progressed from the medievial barbaric age.

2. donnie5

makes me sick

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could say that I'm surprised. :frowning2:

4. Amy

Amy

A) I feel ill now. Humanity. Bleh.
    B) Stoning is kind of a badass death.

5. Shevanel

This isn't the kind of stoned I'd like to be. =/

Indonesia is incredibly populated by Hardcore Muslims, so this sorta thing isn't all that surprising, to me at least. Well, at least we know that they're advancing. Advancing to the times of Jesus. Interesting.

6. frostreaver

Some people/countries just want to regress.

7. Amy

Amy

I totally just won a bet (against myself).

8. Peter

Not a great comfort, but frequently stoning is now done with one large boulder that kills immediately, not a bunch of people throwing little stones. If done correctly, this is not slower than hanging, lethal injection or electric chair...

9. Just Adam

yea.... not making me feel better about this >.>

well what a day for human rights... cops beeing assholes and now these people beeing idiotic ignorant assholes....

ive alwlays believed in equality and peopels right to live...but honestly and you can shoot me down for this but these peopel have no place in this world as far as i care and if a few missiles somehoe >.> went of course and blew them away i wouldent shed a tear... call em evil or heartless but people who live their lives with such morals and lack of compassion that peopel just loving each other are killed brutally deserved to be themselves for tehir lack of compassion.... true to kill a monster you too must become a monster... but if you can live with the guilt and the shame of the action so be it....

i despise all who think they have th right to persecute others for beeing good loving beeings... and tehy will get theirs...!

p.s sorry i sound a bit insane and dark but it seems everyday all i hear about is people hateing and killing tortureing.

kind of makes me look forward to the aliens who will blow up teh planet if after millions of years this is all humanity has become after all weve learnt....

10. Peter

On the positive side, I was in Vienna last week and passed the headquarters of the local "green" political party. In the window were two matching posters; one with a couple of men kissing, the other with a couple of women missing; both bearing the statement that "True Love Always Deserves Respect".

11. Bader

Bader Guest

It's quite scary what religious beliefs can do.

12. RaeofLite

Religion and state (gov't) shouldn't coincide in my opinion. It just leads to religious sects and rich churches to fund the gov't for the one they want which isn't always a good thing. :frowning2:

13. Ben

Ben

Idk if I'm remembering this correctly, but I thought that the stonings for "immoral" sex could only take place in Islam if it is witnessed by at least four people. So even if the law is put in place properly, it's not one that ever gets acted on (because nobody has sex in front of a load of people anyway). So hopefully this is the case and nobody will actually get punished under it... it still sucks a lot though. :/
    I thought Indonesia were way more liberal than this. They had a female president for about 3 years.

14. Jay D

that sucks ass so badly!!! Adultery is bad but still, this is way too far. Indonesia needs to sort itself out! :bang: :***: :tantrum:

15. Emberstone

if only we could stone for idiocy... well not to death, because thats wrong, but enough to ingrain into idiots what it feels like to be stoned.

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Believe me when I say: "uh-huh"

17. Totoro

Seriously? Stoning? I thought we got passed this stage... com'on... So primitive-_-
    Anyhow, Humanity fails again! I don't blame religion- unless it blatantly said so.

18. olides84

Indonesia is fairly liberal as muslim countries go, but Aceh is a province that was fighting for independence and now has a lot of autonomy. So I guess they can pass ridiculous sharia laws like this.

19. dude99

dude99 Guest

Even in Malaysia it is fairly liberal for a muslim country however there is this province there that has introduced strict shairah law and shortly there would be the very first case where a woman would be publicaly wipped in the country ever becuase she is a muslim and was caught drinking alchol at a bar. Even so many people there are against the punishment including many muslims.

20. Just Adam

its sad... lgbt people are supposed to be united in society merged that we are the same... but no :frowning2: it just dont work....

i think we need an asteroid M :frowning2: