1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay pride Serbia in 2001 turns to a riot

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by dude99, Sep 18, 2009.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOD8nEm8mgA

link on where Serbia holds their first gay pride but they were confronted by many young men who after blood and bash those that particpated in the gay pride. It was 2001. Since then the gay pride in Seriba has been put on hold, however this year the President of Serbia has promised protection of the participants on Serbia gay pride this year.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

:O Poor guy got beaten up..... and the girl that got hit in the face. I would love to be the Riot Police, payback :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Emberstone

Hope you don't mind if I dont watch the video. got a low tolerence for violence.

Let's hope that the president is good on his word.

But serbia has always been a fairly backwards place since the breakup of the U.S.S.R. (or am I thinking of someplace else?). in part, when the USSR was broken up,alot of the smaller countries suffered from lack of proper infustructure, and didnt have the money to be their own countries. it was quite a shock to their systems, and sadly, systems like that breed intolerance and a pack mentality.