1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

australian homophobia in government

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by hoping, Sep 30, 2009.

1. hoping

2. Gaetan

That is absolutely appalling. Hopefully their next hearing goes better after that Federal Judge deemed the handling unacceptable.

Seriously, what does that have to do with anything? Why was that even asked in a court of law?

3. Emberstone

wait... so being gay simply comes down to if you have buttsex or not?

This is the problem. People just dont get it, it is about attraction and emotional connections between two people. It is not simply about sex.

not every gay person is sex crazed, and not ever straight person is a puritanical!

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    TISM put it best.

"Australia: The Lucky Cunt"

5. Just Adam

i just think evvery part of this is inhuman yet very human and very typical of the world...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY for humanity...we love diversity,equality,justice..... we just dont do it ourselves.

6. hoping

But look at the facts i mean, it comes from a government that didnt even mention gay rights in his acceptence speech after he went on about equal rights for every australian.
    and then he goes and gets with the coservitive parties and says '' we dont want gay familys, gay adoption and gay marriage'' and then suddenly they have senate investigations on gay marriage while at the same time saying they want to change the consittuition to deifine marraige as between a man and woman and ban gay marriage.
    It will be interesting to see if in the ACT canberra they want to leglise gay marriage and the last 2 times they were put down by the federal government, it will be interesting to see what happens this time

7. RENThead

ehh, our government is fucked up... last time i ever vote labour...
    im glad i got outa there for a bit...
    and suposedly. australia (well sydney) is the 2nd most gay friendly city in the world. (i leant that in berlin, they are 3rd)

8. Stuie

Australian politics is way too shifted to the right in terms of gay rights and refugees, the stance hasn't changed from Howard to Rudd. There is really no reason to treat refugees like that, it's just appalling!

9. Danielle

Danielle Guest

With Labor on gay rights it really depends what faction of the party you look at. We have the right with people such as Rudd and we have the left with many gay rights supporters.

With those sort of issues you should look at the candidate an not at the party but that is just my opinion.

10. shorty

All you need to look at is swing votes. Unfortunately we have so many weak as piss politicians, and so much shit policy they need to push through, they will pander to whoever will give them votes. And it seems we have a lot of conservative politicians. I liken both sides of australian parties to republicans. We don't have true liberals.

11. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I can really say about this article is the following:

...The fuck?

12. dude99

dude99 Guest

I cant believe the tribunal would ask such stupid questions. Asking that question shows there is a serious flaw in the legal services in Australia