1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teacher launches complaint over gender-change firing

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Mirko, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last year, the Catholic school board in Edmonton, Alberta, fired a substitute teacher after informing the school board that he would change his gender. Jan Butermanbe decided to file a complaint with the Alberta Human Rights Commission. Good for him! I hope he will win.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/10/01/gender-teacher-fired.html

2. donnie5

good for him!! and I thought Canada was more tolerant than Americans... leave it to the catholic church to cling to their truly ancient beliefs.

3. Just Adam

thats just the problem these stupid small minded pathetic beliefs arent ancient they are really modern, lgbt people were about before them and we will be about after it fades away bee that a 1000 years if need be :slight_smile: beliefs can change but human nature is infinate XD

wow thats deep for 9:20 in teh morning hah...

i hope he wins too though, you shouldent be dissmised by people jsut because of gender reasignment thats like fireing someone because tehy change the colour of their hair or wear a different suit or like different foods...ok thats trivialising a little but still ...its just as stupid and il thought.