1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hospital forces lesbian to die alone

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pseudojim, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. tokwa

What the Fuck is all I can say. :|

3. Just Adam

thats hideous but like everythign else i read on ehre im not surprised the world is a cruel uncareing place....why should the one are where peopel are suppost to help be any different >.>

she had power of attorney and was the recognised guardian entitled to make life and death decisions for her partner.... i cant think of any legal right they have to deny her access to her partner when she is legaly family and guardian... its like fucking hell what more do you need... blood doesent make family you know ! a piece of paper doesent make you a family ! ASSHOLES! ....

sorry

4. Astaroth

Absolutely terrible. It's the great disgrace of our time as far as equality is concerned that we will not even allow people in love to share the last moments of life together with each other. Someone who maintains custody of the CHILDREN of the patient... you'd think that DUH this person is OBVIOUSLY trustworthy to the patient. It's asinine.

5. Helen

Helen Guest

That's utterly horrific...

They call themselves a hospital...

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is Florida really that backward??? I mean, I would expect this of Utah... But Florida? Maybe I don't know my states well enough...

7. Emberstone

The judge can be disbarred for this. He denied her legal rights granted to her by her power of attorney and living will executorship. He both went against those legal documents, and the laws that protect and grant authority over the hospital.

I hope they take out a offical complaint with this bigotted, activist judge.

8. Eleanor Rigby

This is just inhuman. I don't know how I'll react if I was denied the right to be with my husband in his last moments. The fact that I'll probably never had to it find out just because I am straight and legaly married makes me even more angry if possible. How could someone be so heartless that they deny the right to a human being to hold the person they love when they past away ? I have no word to qualified such a lack of compassion.

9. Tiny Catastrophe

there aren't enough words in the english language to describe how i feel after reading that. that is utterly ridiculous and you have to have no soul to make a woman die alone and deprive her children and partner of saying goodbye to her

10. Rygirl

I can't believe that.....
    What scares me, is that if the world doesn't change then it could be one of many of us here who has to be in that waiting room. Fuck, it doesn't just scare me, it fucking terrifies me.

11. Gaetan

I'm simply speechless.

That the social worker would even have the nerve to come out and say they are in an anti-gay area and that she would be unable to see her partner is just appalling.

12. katie

this made me cry

13. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Very sad, but not shocking. This has been happening for a long time now.

14. I'm crying. You could tell from the way the woman's partner wrote that she loved her so much and I just can't fathom... Holy shit. This is possibly the most cruel thing I've ever heard of.

15. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Well, I see that certain people are still as prejudiced and narrow-minded as they were maybe 30 or 40 years ago. To think that a certain area's obstinacy would disallow an entire family to see one of their immediate relative's last hours of life without a single glimpse of sympathy is just disgusting. It really just shows hostile and inhuman people on this Earth can be. I felt so bad for the kids, too.

#15 Cynic, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  16. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's just sickening. Hospitals have so much to answer for in terms of breaking human rights. And not just for gay folk.

17. twixy30

i just am in aw as i read that story i cant believe that people could be that mean

18. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: