1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm....

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by katie, Oct 7, 2009.

1. katie

any thoughts on this?

http://www.labourlist.org/conservative-conference-is-lending-legitimacy-to-parties-whose-v

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad that at least this hatred is receiving attention and being exposed rather than being allowed to fester quietly.

3. Ben

Ben

David Cameron just six years ago he voted to repeal section 28.

I doubt he truly care about gay rights. He only cares about gay votes. And he'll most probably be our prime minister soon enough.

4. Just Adam

well it isnt reallay about dave, he is jsut a face of teh party its the party itself thats teh problem these outdated views

i jsut heard on daily politics apparently last night there was a gay night or sumamt that had somthign to do with the torry party so i dunno ... i believe people can gain insight and learn from mistakes and change themselves but its a long and hard process and i dont see the emotion in the conservatives on this subject... infact i think they ow an appolagy to lgbt people in this country for tehir past actions against us in a previous time..

george got a good reception in todays papers about his cuts etc and has now shifted teh attention to what labou rwill ahve to do to better this proposal...so...its looking good teh conservatives will be in power next ellection and we are going to see what they have to say...

i just wish one party especially the lib dems to say same sex marriage that is state based you get all teh same legal entitlements as religious marriage but the contract is between the two people and state not the two people state and the church...

but conservatives wont say it as tehy will lose the old religious people the ones who talk about the war and how great this country used to be in my day etc etc...(not to stereotype) but think of someone from teh 50's today and you got them haha...its sad but true teh conservative party can try to change but the supporters dont and so the party cant... and they wont as a whole accept that... teh labor party are supported by a majority of people who some would say yes and alot would be a NO! so it wouldent work....lib dems could say it the party and supporters would back it but tehy wouldent have enough or gain enough from it to win :S

so yea...so conservatives and lgbt rights...= jump ship?

5. Emberstone

That is the main problem with politics.

We have built these parties, and alot of them are so set in their ways that they are blind to the fact that the world is not the perfect little picture they envision. It is not so much that the world is changing, it is just that humans are in a constant path of understanding it.

Gay people didn't just pop up. infact, we can trace homosexuality back far longer than judeo christian religion, which is the dominant source of homophobia in the world.

6. Just Adam

oh homosexuality has allways existed lol after all humans are jsut primative animals at ehart wantign to just shag everythign ...we do tend to keep to our own race though...just easier in the end...or harder in some cases but we also like a challenge...

the fact is homosexuality will exist before and after religions as its not jsut an idea or a belief its a part of us hardwired in... thats life. :slight_smile:

governments dont give a crap about the rose tinted world as tehy know nobody outside them can see the whole thign at once to get a godo enough pictur eto see teh flames closing in... aslong as they say alls fine and people believ e it and tehy carry on talking crap tehy are happy as tehy got a good life they want for nothing they have the power and all they need do is talk ... teh have underlings for teh paper work. whips the civil sector etc.