1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kevin Jennings

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Legnaj, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Fox loves to share opinion and not fact. It you havent been watching, fox news has been leading the smear campain aginst Kevin Jennings. He is appointed as a Czar in President
    Obama's administration. Kevin Jennings is the safe school Czar, a seat created by former president Bush in his campain to help schools...remember the no child left behind act.... Now Fox news has been having fun reporting a quarter of the story with no comentary supporting the other half of Jennings story for good reason...Jennings side actually has some push to it.

Fox News: KEVIN JENNINGS TEACHING HOMOSEXUALITY IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS.

Jennings was on of the 70 co founders of GLSEN most well known for starting GSA networks across the world. He has also written books on leading the campain to educate children about homosexuality and bullies...all in all educate children about discrimination and to give them the heads up that its ok to be diffrent and you should have to or make anyone suffer for it.

Fox News: KEVIN JENNINGS DID NOT REPORT THE SEXUAL ABUSE OF A CHILD

Jennings was still in the beginning of his teaching career (late 80's). Jennings was still in the closet at the time when the student told him that he had met an older man (the older man's age has not been reported (but I believe reading it somewhere the age was about 21, but dont quote me on this). Jennings said that the student reported having sex with this man. The student named, Bruster, reported only having met a man. The student went on to say that his life is not worth living.

Now as many of you know on this website when someone says their life is not worth living the last thing you would want to do is run to their parents and tell them their child is gay and is having sex. This could cause more unwanted stress and in the 1980's reporting this information could have lead to this child's suicide.

Jennings told the kid he hoped he wore a condom. Not only that, directly after these written statements Jennings goes on to say that he wished he would have hanndled it in a diffrent way but he DID NOT HAVE THE PROPER TRAINING TO DEAL with the situation. He understood the complexcity and as the safe school czar wants to educate teachers so they are prepared for these kind of unexpected and complex situations for the safty of the children.

Not only that they later found out that the "child" was of legal consent age at the time. The book was written in 1992 and the conversation took place in the late 80's. As we are learning in my forensics class, eyewitness reports are worthless and jennings recalling the age of 1 out of the hundreds of students he had would be a little tough.

Fox News: KEVIN JENNINGS ENDORSES HARRY HAYS, A NAMBLA ADVOCATE

Jennings was quoted saying he admiers/was inspierd by the work of Harry Hays. If I were jennings I would too. If you dont know the history of Harrhy Hays I can sum it up for you in a quick quote:

Harry Hays was the Michael Jackson of the LGBT Rights movement.

I dont like this man but credit is due where it is due. Mattachine Society, the first enduring LGBT rights organization in the United States, in 1950 was co founded by this man. He later went on to be a very outspoken radical...and like all good radicals....they turn weird. He broke ties with the glbt rights movment to be an advocate for NAMBLA advocating the drop of consent ages. In other word he got very scary but none the less was an insperation to many GLBT leaders today...just like Michael Jackson was to so many singers today.

The point in all this, Fox news is demanding the resignation of someone who is actually suited for this job. Someone who can actually do some good for our schoold for once. Not only that, its sad to see the most watch news station in the country completely ignore information you can find with a simple goggle check.

----------

And something I left out, Kevin Jennings has NO connections to NAMBLA of any kind. He support the early work of a man who for some strange reason decided to advocate for NAMBLA.

#1 Legnaj, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009
  2. Shevanel

*insert any TV news broadcasting station* loves to share opinion and not fact.

3. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

True but I look at Rach Maddow and then I look at Hannity and Hannity just tips the scale tooo much.

4. Shevanel

I wouldn't agree with you there.

5. Greggers

All news is Bias.

Certain Fox News segments however give WWII Propaganda a run for its money...

[​IMG]

...i think ive seen worse than this on Fox News :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

*cough* But on to Kevin Jennings. I respect this man SO much. He is getting real things done in the fight against homophobia in schools, and as a former highschooler who tried to take his life over that i really REALLY look up to him. We need more people like him with roles of power.

...oh, and his whatever sexual encounter with a "child" was actually someone of age who just spoke out and PRAISED Kevin for making him the proud gay man he is today.

6. Just Adam

i stand by the bbc and its news XD until its political then you have to pay a bit more attention but its still really good.

sky news.... yea... anyway back to amtter of hand

i think he is teh right guy for the job and fox news well...come on its fox...what do you expect.. lol

hopefully yhe people actualyl in charge of your country dont rely on fox news for their decision making if so...i am sorry im so sorry ...but screwed :S

7. Emberstone

Well, now that bush is out of the white house, and republicans dont have the majority, we are being run by people who dont get their information from cable news in general, but straght from the source.

8. Shevanel

:eusa_naug :eusa_doh:

9. olides84

Yay! Another political discussion :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: What Emberstone says is more true than not.

I know I'm not unbiased, and I know news outlets lean one way or the other...but there is no major station in the US quite like Fox News. They blatantly lie, have an agenda that comes straight from Rupert Murdoch at the top, and are more interested in creating news than reporting it.

If you have the patience for more than an hour, I would very much recommend watching Outfoxed:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428#.
    At least watch the first 10 minutes to get an idea.

10. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

:eusa_naug:eusa_doh: lol

11. Emberstone

I think it is creepy that there is a organization that tries to promote pedastry and pedophillia...

12. Shevanel

Watch the South Park episode "Cartman Joins NAMBLA" It explains everything. ^_^ (South Park has an explanation for everything, I swear)

13. Just Adam

like the episode cartman sucks... "your confused butters!" " yes im all very confused"

shows why pray the gay away camps dont work and was a sweet episode for butters XD

i wish butters was a gay character lol hes so cool

" thou can not ground that which is ungroundable " " butters come here" " HECHHH" "AHH!"