1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Equality March

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beachboi92, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Beachboi92

http://equalityacrossamerica.org/blog/?page_id=19
    ^^ is link to page with all info and links on it :slight_smile:

Anyone else going i myself will be there with my lesbian friend :grin:
    they are marching on washington on Oct 11th i believe starting at 12am
    It is a march on washington to make a statement to Obama that he needs to fulfill his promises to the LGBT community :slight_smile:
    Anyone else going or know anyone who is?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

My future wife Lady Gaga is gonna be there. <3.

3. haelmarie

Usually I'm sceptical of huge gay rights campaigns like this being just another corporate advertising event, but this looks very grassroots and very legit.

This is interesting too.

4. Beachboi92

Is she really :grin: that would make my life :O

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Yeah haha she made a video saying she's gonna be in the march and is encouraging people to come out over the weekend to increase visibility and the call for equality and such.

6. Beachboi92

i was watching Logo channel and saw they where sponsoring the even (its funny because i have never watched it until my mom wanted to so she could watch the big gay comedy sketch show xD) anyways they are doing a bunch of equality based programming and then shutting off the day of the march to encourage people to go :grin:

7. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I wont be going to the march but there is a local march/pride also being sponsored by HRC here that im going to try as hard as possible to attend.

8. Beachboi92

omg i am finding that women and marrying here, or at least becoming her new bestest friend xD

9. s5m1

I am going with my boyfriend and his mother, in addition to a group of friends. I think it is so important to keep up the public pressure on this issue. The larger the turnout, the better!

10. Beachboi92

:grin: im going with my mom, brothers, moms BF, my brothers girlfriend, and my lesbian girlfriend :grin:

11. Derek the Wolf

A bunch of people from here are going on that. I decided against it. D.C. isn't my favorite place in the world. And somehow I think it may end up being like a big pride parade which I'm not a big fan of.

12. Beachboi92

This is actually supposed to be different from pride like instead it is supposed to be a very legit and political, not a dress up in rainbows and just your underwear and hump the air on a float, march :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: At least from what i read :slight_smile:

for example me and my family are making navy blue shirts with the equality sign although i will throw in some tight jeans xD

13. Greggers

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR411ynzNsA&feature=player_embedded#[/YOUTUBE]

Watch this. Near the end is a GREAT explanation of WHY this march is so important and what its really about.

14. Greggers

15. Beachboi92

that vid ^^ is really cool and the idea was awesome :grin:
    i have some cool updates and some sad ones on it for me
    1) my brother said he would be uncomfortable there and wasn't gonna go so neither is his GF and my moms BF isn't gonna be able to go :frowning2:
    2) however Me and my lesbian friend made some awesome kick ass shirts with yellow equal signs on blue shirts that where then sprayed with colored paint stuff :grin: and i did an awesome design on the back of mine :slight_smile:

16. GhostDog

I really, really wish I could go. <3 Rawk on, to all the D.C. area people and everyone who's traveling there! There's a Denton solidarity thing happening tomorrow morning. Trying to decide if I should go to that, maybe.

17. Grof142007

IF U WANT TO FOLLOW WHAT GOIN ON AT THE MARCH SEARCH #NEM on twitter this is the hashtag people are using so WBC is already there spreading hate

18. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Wish I was going, to those who are thank you and make a strong message that we are your family, friends, neighbors and coworkers and we deserve equal treatment under the law.

19. Greggers

20. Adam

My sister is in DC today, she texted me this morning telling me she hopes to see some of that goin on.