1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy National Coming Out Day!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RaeofLite, Oct 10, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

October 10/11th is National Coming Out Day! (I couldn't wait this year so I did it in april though, lol) but here's an official day if you still haven't come out to try to do so if you're at that point.

http://gaylife.about.com/od/comingout/a/comingoutday.htm

And if you want, feel free to share your first coming out to someone. :slight_smile: Cheers, and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canucks!

2. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Haha, I was planning to wait 'til now to do it, but I ended up coming out two weeks ago instead 'cause it was driving me crazy. I almost want to go find someone now who doesn't know and tell them just for an excuse to use Coming Out Day.

3. RaeofLite

You should. Yesterday I told a couple guy friends I've recently made this semester about hanging out with my gf. Hopefully they'll stop heavily flirting with me. lol :slight_smile: (!)

4. Markio

I kind of want to give my gay friends cards that look like closet doors, then when you open them the inside looks like a closet-turned party with the person in the middle saying "Happy Coming Out Day!"

5. Greggers

I dont have anyone left in my life who does not know :frowning2: I missed last years Coming Out Day by two months and im all done before this year so ill never get to use the specific day bhlar...

6. RaeofLite

Aw. Greggors you can still come out. To a stranger, at school with any teachers? or work. :slight_smile:

That card idea sounds like a neat idea too.

7. Greggers

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9KXkDMEPag[/YOUTUBE]

Lets all listen to this song :slight_smile:

8. GhostDog

I plan on posting some horribly soppy note about it on Facebook tomorrow. I mean, I'm pretty damn obvious - walking around with my hair (like in my profile) and my rainbow bracelet and going onnn and onnnn about Rachel Maddow (and Pink and Amanda Palmer and EVERY OTHER DAMN LADY CRUSH I HAVE, god I'm obnoxious). But still.

I'm still not sure if I want to tick the "Interested in women" box! Mostly because I feel bad not ticking the "men" box too, even though liking guys for me is more of a side-hobby (because I am a Professional Lady-Oglerâ„¢). Sadly, there is no drop-down box for "I like girls and guys who remind me of girls." =P

Gahhh the only significant person left in my life who doesn't know is my dad's mom. She is a groovy old lady, who despite being old does not seem old in the least, and is sharp as a freakin' BEAR TRAP. But she's also devoutly Christian, living in east Texas, and I don't know how well she'd take it. D: Bah!

But! On monday I'm gonna go with my school GSA to our campus "free speech zone" (total BS that we have to have one, IMO) and perform LIVE GAY ACTS (IT BETTER NOT RAIN, BY THE WAY. WEATHER, I'M LOOKING AT YOU). Which involves doing homework, reading, talking, tying your shoes, and other things that straight people do. But queer people are doing them, so that automatically makes it gay homework and gay tying your shoes, right? =P

#8 GhostDog, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  9. antoinemontreal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hello i am from montreal ) there is nothing tomorrow for the coming out day.. many actions in us, or in english canada, but here in quebec nothing ))

10. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy what now?

11. 507bro

buahah idk how i should come out to people, :slight_smile:
    on facebook i mean.

12. Haiiro

Haiiro Guest

I wish I had the balls to do it...I need to come out to my parents at least...but I am too chicken.

But Happy Coming Out Day, anyway!

13. SolitaryKnight

I was a week early. I came out to my mother last Sunday, lol.

This weekend its all about the turkey.

14. Rainbow

It says "(My Name) is coming out today" on my wipe-off board on my college dorm room door.
    I am wearing a t-shirt that has a rainbow flag and a rainbow belt.
    Wont tell family till next year or 2.

15. littledinosaurs

I'm sorta confused, In my state National Coming out day was Thursday, October 8th. Why are there different days?
    But mine was good, i didn't really come out to anyone, but i got to hear Mayor Denise Simmons of Cambridge ( the first black lesbian mayor in the US, woot!!) speak. She spoke of really great things, and it she expanded the day to coming out about all sorts of things (like if you're an alcoholic or something) which i thought was cool. I really liked hearing her and it was definitely a success for me =)

16. SRSLYMARK

Current Facebook status is "Mark _________ is gay." I know that I'm already out, but I think we should all be showing some sort of support/acknowledgment of such an awesome day. :grin:

17. GhostDog

I'm very seriously considering whether or not posting "Kirah _____ is a fabulous les-bot" would be overkill after all I've already put on FB. =P

18. tm74

tm74 Guest

I wish I had the courage to do that - but I don't :-(

However, I kinda want to tell someone who doesn't know... but really can't decide who... maybe tomorrow...

19. Greggers

I set my status after midnight to...

Happy National Coming Out Day! (Oct 11) // "This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be. Don't try to change me to fit your mold."

...but its definitely not news to anyone on facebook or anyone i have regular contact with in real life. So i will be celebrating National Coming Out day by cheering on everyone else?

20. Adam

I put happy national coming out day on my facebook.
    Also I met up with a friend last night that used to be my best friend for a long time that I hadnt seen in so long. I told him I was gay, hes like the last friend to find out cuz everyone else already knows I think, and it turns out hes like best friends now with a gay guy and he goes to the gay club here a bunch, so now I may have people to go there with cuz I have never been lol!