1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congress Acts to Extend Hate Crimes to Cover Gays

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this is nice to hear :slight_smile:

2. Beachboi92

YEAH and i like the part added on about people preaching the hate. After all some one could be held responsible for coaxing someone into doing any other crime and be persecuted for their involvement can't they?

3. Just Adam

well it depends if you planned out a crime or insighted violence or any hurtful behavior you are accountable but if you just said hmm someone could easilly do such and such or inadvert or worded as you could not should and that its their choice not your suggestion...then your not acocuntable as its their action and theyre decision to do it nobody made them... you never helped...

im not sure on hate crimes... if somebody attacks somebody it shouldent matter why they did it only that they did as far as actual law is concerned... when teh police question they will find out why... but to have different laws for diffrernt people protecting or discriminating jsut isolates society and created bounderies and actualyl draws attention to peoples diffrences...

it reminds me of teh south park episode hate crime... where cartman throws a ston at token and gets arrested for a hate crime when he didnt even think of the race issue he just wanted to hit him with a stone :S... so because race gets brought into it , the issue gets diverted away from the attack more to the meaning and at the episode cartman hits pip with a stone as he was british and annoying and he didnt hthink that was a hate crime do it was ok... so it focused so hard on teh race issue of the crime the meanign of the crime itself got lsot and so was done again as it wasent understood to be wrong.

so this hate crime lot to me will jsut end up if someoens attacked it will be...oh its cos he was gay... like thats a reason and thats all you become... its not someone was attacked and...it was robebry or somthign some..generic crime...it becomes a specific targeted action that is overly focused on...

thats my pov anyway...im sure most peopel are happy with this.