1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dannii Minogue outs xFactor contestant

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by TyPod, Oct 17, 2009.

1. TyPod

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...-to-out-him-live-on-tv-video-115875-21739786/

some snippets from the article :
    The 27-year-old's face crumpled as Dannii poked fun at his decision to change the lyrics of his song.
    More than 11 million viewers heard teacher Danyl alter the words to Jennifer Hudson's I'm Telling You so that he was singing to a woman rather than a man.
    Danyl has previously hinted at or admitted being bisexual and joked about fancying Simon Cowell, but last night the X Factor website was beseiged by hundreds of fuming fans calling for Dannii to be sacked.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

She should be fired. That's something you never ever do to someone.

#2 Phoenix, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2009
  3. Étoile

While I can't watch the show (Does is air in America?), Danyl had every right to alter the lyrics. While it irks me when obviously gay or openly gay musicians sing about women instead of men, no one should 'lance' them, especially not on national TV. It was extremely rude of her to invade his personal life like that. This could damage his career as a teacher (Does England discriminate against gay teachers like here in America?) Besides, he joked about being bisexual, not gay, meaning him singing about a woman was perfectly accurate.

4. Greggers

She is definitely not homophobic and im 95% sure it was a scripted joke because frankly thats just how the judges role. Im fine with it, whatever. It gets the face hes bi out more in the open and i know hes not ashamed of it (he admitted it before she did people!) so its all good. Exposure, Exposure, Exposure!

5. Rygirl

Still he had the right to come out to the world when he felt ready, and she took that away from him. You never say anything about someone elses sexuality without their explicit permision, and you deffinately let them come out first.

6. Greggers

Eh, i kind of do agree, but i also dont think someone's sexuality should be so important/secretive anymore. I would not piss at someone for "outing" the fact i like musicals to someone and that is a larger part of my life than my sexuality is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I do understand what your saying, i just hope we are moving towards a world that the term "closeted" does not exist anymore. Being gay should not be this big deal. Plus he had been telling the media he was Bi after his first audition so it was not like he was closeted and she outed him. Yet i think i would totally agree with you if he didn't out himself already before she did.

7. Paragon

Paragon Guest

oh god, this, it was more awkward than offensive, but i dont think she should be fired, wasnt that big a deal in my opinion

8. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How exactly do you out somebody who has stated in an interview that they have dated men? He said to the tabloids that he has dated men in the past, so I don't really get where all this controversy has come from. Sure, it's a singing contest so the comment was redundant, but complaints and calling for human sacrifice is just completely unnecessary and pointless. If she had just thrown it out there when he hadn't told anybody then I would agree with those who reacted angrily, but if he didn't want people knowing then he shouldn't have been stupid enough to tell a mainstream newspaper about it a few weeks ago.

What's even more hilarious is that article linked in the first post. It was that same tabloid I heard about his interview in were he confessed to dating men, so for them to later claim he got outed by Danni Minogue is just hysterical.

9. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On Australian Idol we've had one judge accuse 3 or 4 contestants of being gay this year alone.
    If it's been reported and spread around, she isn't really in the wrong.

10. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Hmm I've heard worse but I don't watch the show or live in the UK so I can't really judge for sure. But I think the one thing you can say about the Minogue's is that they are anything but homophobic I mean hello Kylie is a gay icon and they both do alot to support gay rights. So I kinda think this has been blown out of proportion and was just a joke that clearly backfired

11. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just watched the video, and I can see how it would be taken as offensive. Her delivery was very "Australian".. lol. On Australia's Got Talent (another show she judges on) if she said that we'd all laugh, but obviously in the UK it gets taken differently.

12. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

My thoughts exactly.

13. Just Adam

i honestly couldent give a shit...

if he is i blame him for going all :cry:

if your going to go on tv on one of the countrys biggest shows and your putting yourself if teh public spotlight aiming to be a celeb...a massive pop star >.> ...

then you jsut got to expect for every part of your life to be known and for peopel to find out be it teh pres taking pics of you coming out of clubs with a guy even if its a mate theyre gonna print " pictured leaving club with a man " and if tehyve been talking about this in the papers ( not that i would know i would rather die than have anythign to do with X-factor as its nothign but artificial put together music and thay are tlanetless puppets of teh label...they have about 1 song that does ok at christmas tehn nothing...i think they get melted for dog food) then its been out there for a while and he cant suddenly go :O cos someone says indirectly about it on tv...

i jsut cant stand peopel who want it both ways they want the media attention tehy want to be famous but when somthign they view as negative about them comes out they go to pieces...the idiot should know this is good for him a) still got the makority of his voting peopel b) now gets sympaphy vote c) might get a larger lgbt vote d) hes still teh favourite...

i doubt id like him though no matter what if people are stuck up or think they are superioir it dont fly with me...

and to shut her up just tell her.

" kylie wouldn't of said that "

14. dude99

dude99 Guest

Yes thats true Dannii has preformed at gay pride festivals, and yes it was a joke.

15. AllSmiles

Well, I'm kinda unsure of this. On one side, I think it's a bit silly, if he has told newspapers etc. about it and then gets upset when she says this on tv. But on the other side, I think it's a very personal thing, which she should stay out of.

16. Ben

Ben

Eh she apologized the next day and Danyl said he was actually upset by the comment Louis made about him being overconfident.
    He's openly bisexual so she was just pointing out that there was no need to change "he" to "she".

17. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

that's sad.

18. Just Adam

in that case i think he needs an uber slap...or a backhander ...

you get all teary as someone says your overconfident >.> oh no ! that must hurt so bad >.>

even if he thinks hes not beeing a arse on stage doesent mean he isnt and others dont see him that way ...as far as i can see he wa given good advice :S.

19. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell, looking back on it, Dannii seemed to be more supportive in that comment, showing that it's ok for him to have left the original genders in the song.

But either way, he's bisexual, so he can be singing to either a guy or girl.

20. CrimsonThunder

Are you talking about Kyle? Kyle seems to pick the gay ones well. XD

And that guy is hot as. I dont think Dannii should be fired, people get too riled up when someone mentions sexuality, or race or anything that they can place the blame on. Its just like that red faces thing. Just because someone points it out, mentions it, etc does not mean they are homophobic, racist or anything. And I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that Dannii or Kylie is very pro-gay.

He also said "I'm not ashamed" what a trippa.

And I think the tears were from Simon saying that was one of the best performances.

#20 CrimsonThunder, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009