1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elton john and youtube

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by JakeBHT, Oct 25, 2009.

1. JakeBHT

Now a few days ago i was told i was playing something for a school assembly whether i liked it or not so I'd better get my "ar:***:se in gear".
    I though hmm...Elton John "Rocket man" perfect I'll learn it. So went onto you tube and found a video of it, I looked at the comments just to see what people thought of the sound quality more than anything and some
    motherf:***:ker
    had written:
    "faggot scum"
    now i flagged the post as spam put a negative thumb on it and messaged the user with the words:
    "homphobic T:***:sser"
    I admit it was not a cool calm message and looking back it was just a little hate filled...
    The message I recieved back was that of:
    "english c:***:nt"
    my reply:
    "Wow homophobia and nationalised borderline rascist, you nearly have the whole set, goodbye motherf:***:cker"
    I blocked him and so the story ends...

Anyone got an opinion or another story...youtube have got "report" buttons for videos but not posts I think somehow they might need
    :bang::bang::bang:them!:bang::bang::bang:

(Feel free to edit delete as appropriate mods this is just a very annoyed 15yr old venting his hatred for the unaccepting people in our society.)

2. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, YouTube comments are notoriously known as the cesspool of the internet, and not in that fun 4chan kind of way. Best to ignore the f***kers.

3. jotheoneandonly

just because it's not accepted doesn't mean poeple don't do it.
    ring any bells jakers?

sorry, im not being helpful. and i agree, they where totally out of line, but unfortunatly there are poeple who are homophobic pricks. well done for saying something about it, love.

4. Astaroth

Freedom of speech. :slight_smile: In order to protect speech, you have to protect all speech, including that which offends you. Now, youtube could enact some form of censorship so that some words are flagged as inappropriate and appear as f*** and such. However, what line do they draw on words that are appropriate and words that aren't? It seems to me that censorship over a free community in which you voluntarily watch any one video and are welcome to not even read the comments of is unnecessary. If you don't like it, thumb down it and walk away. I generally don't even mark it as spam because it is a legitimate opinion, even if I don't like it.

5. JakeBHT

Now that is a fair point and you see as i said i was certainly not cool and calm headed! I shall endevour to follow your line of thinking more often..oh and rachel i don't think you meant that did you.

6. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just ignore the comments, I find that the best thing to do. Alot of the comments are just low class there anyways. Alot of the content I watch on Youtube is gay related, mostly debates, vloggers, or people I admire, and I find ignoring the comments to be the best policy. :slight_smile:

7. Greggers

Yea, the best thing to do is never look at the comments. If you look at them, you get mad. If you respond to them, you get flamed and then get more mad. If you respond to them responding to you, you get flamed again and then get even more mad. Its a horrible cycle.

And remember, Youtube comments are void of all logic, reasoning, common sense, human dignity, or compassion.

8. JakeBHT

yeah, thread has now sereved its porpose!
    thakies guys!