1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good news

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Eleanor Rigby, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Eleanor Rigby

Two days ago, the court of Law of Besançon (France) allow a lesbian living in couple to adopt a child. This decision close ten years of judicial battle.
    And yesterday, the defense minister of the actual governement declared he is in favor of adoption for same sex couples.
    This is, I think, the first time that in France a minister or a conservative governement say something in favor or adoption for same sex couples.
    Maybe, (and I said maybe) we are finaly taking the right way.

2. RaeofLite

I still find it amazing that we still have to fight for rights in several countries. I mean, India just got a "Gay Day" to accept sodomy... wow. we're really behind in some civil aspects. And we call ourselves human... some people aren't humane at all. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Still, that's great news. :slight_smile:

3. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

so France is likely to allow gay adoptions?

4. littledinosaurs

5. acorn7

I saw this in a few places, and I think it's great news. It's weird that France's politics are behind public opinion. This article talks about a poll that shows the French supporting gay marriage at 64% and adoption by gay parents at 57%... those are pretty solid majorities as far as those questions go. Hopefully the government gets moving.

6. Eleanor Rigby

Well, I don't think France is going to allow adoption for same sax couples anytime soon.
    At least, not as long as we'll have that government and that president. And considering what is the opposition in France, I am afraid that we are stuck with them for a long time.

That makes me soooo angry, especially considering that most part of the french population is in favour of gay marriage and adoption for same sex couples.

7. Brad

Well i am actually surprised that it isn't already allowed. French people i have always thought were rather pro-gay. Not sure why i just always got that impression.

8. pteen

I hope that happens going to france is one of the many things I'm doing this summer.

9. Hoppip

Ça, c'est une super bonne nouvelle ! Je n'attends pas jusqu'à ce que je peux prendre partie dans la politique française ! Ça fera longtemps jusqu'à ce que je sera citoyen, quand même... : P

10. fallendream

silly naes...is speaking french necesary?
    i think its great france will legalise same sex couples adopting

11. Eleanor Rigby

Whooo ! Calm down ! I didn't said we will legalise adoption for same sex couples, I said I hope we will, that's completly different.
    The fact that the Court of Law's decision was in favor of a woman who happened to be a lesbian and actualy in couple with another woman is a good sign and creates a case law, but there is still a big gap between this and a law. And to be honest, I have no confidence at all in the people who rule my country for the moment.

12. fallendream

oh, woopsie, i totally jumped the gun