1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One day...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RaeofLite, Nov 25, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

...do you think one day (in the far future) people will again wonder if being LGBT is a choice of lifestyle, rather than deep internal instinct/feeling?

By this, I mean, because it's getting so accepted or is starting to become more accepted in the world... do you think people will forget? It's just a thought that crossed my mind the other day. The more people that come out, more and more people may believe it's "a choice" because we supposedly make up 10% of the population... so if more and more people come out this may skew those beliefs.

What are your thoughts?

2. Gaetan

I think in some cases it probably is a choice. But, I'm sure that that is such a tiny minority that it really wont matter in the big picture.

I imagine that it will one day be seen as something as innate or unchangeable, unchooseable as the color of your skin. And, of course, just as pointless to argue over as it is today. Only people who still think skin color matters are stuck in the last century.

3. Idunnohereitis

no its definately not a choice for a lot of ppl. not a choice for me. If i could feel like a guy is what i wanted then id love that. I dont really feel like i could be straight. lol ive always been different and felt differently than the other girls did about guys. Its something i just am, for some ppl i think it is a phase or a choice but for me i just am.

And it makes stuff difficult as hell... especially for a kid in a small hicktown. very challenging. Being what i am makes social life harder, dating life very Iffy and more complicated than it has to be sometimes.... Makes career decisions pressured to for some ideas....

well... Idk i would LOVE to think that all the sudden ppl will be okay with it and think better about it and i know its not guna happen.
    10% is a lot. hmmm wows. :grin:

well good luck toeverybody.