1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought countries were supposed to PROGRESS over time.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Camman3, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Camman3

It seems that even in the year 2009, countries that had previously legalised gay actions, sex and/or partnerships are revoking those rights. This article http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-...hes-death-penalty-bans-homosexuality-20090427, published in April this year, shows how backward-moving some countries are! Not to mention the fact that these two laws are definitely not interchangable (death penalty <---/---> gay rights), but it sure has hell damages the reputation of it at a glance! The man deciding this is supposed to be the country's leader... a president! He's just ensured more teen suicides, depression, paranoeia and anxiety amongst teens, made his nation mentally sicker (people will suffer mentally when they can't seek professional help), and that the next generation will grow up, still falsely perceiving that it is wrong to be gay.:tears:

The article is quoted below:

2. No One

That's terrible. Truth is digression seems to be an end result in all civilization so far. Think of Rome, homosexuality was an accepted part of life but eventually due to social changes, the rise of Christianity, and the fall of the empire homosexuality became taboo and illegal. Its a process that repeats over and over; progression followed by digression. We just have to hope that our species has finally evolved past the point where digression occurs.

3. Just Adam

kinda true the church wanting more power push the book... progressions digression and then irrelivence... religion doesent understand if you isolate enough people as it does then eventually you die out...

i never even heard of the place in teh article but ill say now its a shit hole anywhere that is iggnorant of people and their feelings and focuses on who they love and not on teh fact they are a good loving person is jsut wrong and backward...

ive said 2 things before and ill say then again people saying how great lgbt rights are doign are wrogn weve barely started i believe it will bea hundred years or more before true equality it will take generations of de programing and for teh biggots to be washed away and their remains burned from teh earth.

second to people who live in these places just leave and go west ...life is more peaceful tehre... go west you can have glitter in your hair.... but seriously jsut do it go western a) you will add to a growing multi cultural and help grow and evolving accepting culture of living and b) you will show wher eyou left that their intolelrance will destroy them as peopel will leave tehy will lose money producttion they will shrink to nothign and be taken over...

humanity is a shallow speicies and allways undervalues the minority...and they allways forget their core beliefs of religion to love and care because if it was to discriminate and hate others tehn thats not a godo religion that jsut makes you bad... and tehy allways forget the bit where it isnt their job to judge others just love and supoprt leave that to teh man upstairs " let ye not judge les ye be judged"

im not sure i make sense haha.

4. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well what about more modern times such as in the 1920s where in Berlin Germany was among the most liberal environments for homosexuals in the world where even though homosexuality was illegal by law, still homosexuals could live open lives and there was an active gay and lesbian community with bars and clubs catering for them. Even Germany had movies of homosexual characters and content then.

That all changed when the Nazis in the 1930s took power and punishment for homosexuals became extremely severe and eventually homosexuals were sent to concentration camps and many were put to death. (Look up pink triangle)

#4 dude99, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2009
  5. No One

See Berlin progressed but then due to some change (Nazis) i digressed. Game Point lol

6. Schu

They aren't meant to progress over time. It's merely lucky if they do. Throughout history societies have regressed and progressed at seemingly random intervals. Only in the last 200 years or so has there been any significant trend towards progression, and that only really in western, or at least west-influenced countries as far as I've seen, and this is only a very vague trend. But at least it's something, right?