1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News From DC

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BitterEdge, Dec 15, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

In the second and final vote needed for passage the DC council voted 11-2 again in favor of marriage equality. This now heads to Mayor Fenty's desk and after which will be under a thirty day Congressional review period.

NOM has said they will challenge this ruling in the courts....when will these idiots go away?

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who knows....it's annoying as f**k though that they can't get over themselves.

----------

I don't think it will be bad though....remember my article? http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29601 This means unless they get the courts to reject it, it won't go to a popular vote. Meaning we will keep gay marriage for DC :slight_smile:

3. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Despite efforts (successful or not) by many to stop gay marriage, I think it is definitely just a matter of time before it becomes legal nationwide. Of course my lovely state probably has a while to go since we have a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, but I'm a patient man.

4. Emberstone

Well, NoM is filled with people who have cult-like tendacies.. so mabe they will kool-aide-a-cide themselves for the good of all mankind and christiandom.

5. RaeofLite

NOM? They couldn't think of a better acronym for themself?

That sounds like they're hungry, with full intentions on NOMing down everything they come across that they dislike. Hmm... I guess it is applicable.

6. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Haha, I couldn't agree more. The first time I saw the acronym I just giggled a little bit:grin:.

7. littledinosaurs

Reminds me of MOO (for the buffy fans out there :wink: )

8. RaeofLite

Haha, yes! :eusa_clap I love Buffy. :icon_wink

But seriously.. I still can't believe things like this need to be "voted on" when you all live in the "land of the free". It's not like you're voting whether or not murder should be taken out of the law system as a crime..

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well this sort of thing won't be voted on....or at least not at the public level thanks to the courts saying this will NOT come to a public vote even if they collect a million signatures they won't allow a ballot denying the rights and freedoms of all Americans.

10. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I hope Mayor Fenty signs this soon so the thirty day review session starts ASAP, I am also hoping this will encourage lawmakers considering marriage equality in New Jersey.

11. Emberstone

The NoM is basically a arm of fundementalist religious extremeist.

I think it is getting to the point that we need to enforce church and state.