1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Lovely Message from Director of NOM >_>

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here is a letter that the Exec Director of NOM sent before the Christmas holidays...It's quite pathetic. I do have his contact information...but I believe including that wouldn't be allowed on EC sadly...

I'm ready to shoot this mother f**ker....

2. Greggers

I sadly agree with some of this :frowning2:

Take this line for example...

I believe all adopted, surrogate, and otherwise children of gay parents have a right to their parent's marriage. Its just like NOM says! They believe in children growing up with two parents, right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But on a more serious note, as ive said many times, im glad i dont live in America. One of the most redneck towns near where i live just passed an anti-discrimination law-or-something for the public schools. Progress is everywhere, even in these rural towns, and even under "Conservative" rule.

But America will come around. Just wait for all the old people to die :slight_smile:

#2 Greggers, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  3. AtomicCafe

Greggers, you almost gave me a heart attack reading your first line!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I couldn't even read through the entire email, I was so bothered by it. Bleh. The only thing that came to find after the first few sentences was "Separation of Church and State"... over and over and over again.

4. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

i only read the first bit...didnt want to fill my head with trash but...i thought jesus was really born sometime in spring. >_>

5. Emberstone

god didnt give us christmas...

typical uneducated fundementalist inbred bullshit.

Christmas came about centuries after christ was crucified, and is a amalgamation of deeply held pagen beliefs and festivals, upon which the church did one thing, and that is claim christ was born in december, and so they injected that lie into the fold and took over pagen holidays.

Christ was born in march/apirl...

And new yorkers for constitutional freedoms can go fuck themselves. Strong langauge, yes, I know, but you cant call it a freedom if only certain people within a society can have it?

and the conservatives bash everyone else saying they are comuinists, and here they are using the term 'comrades' in very traditional russian communist usage...

and god said "let there be hypocracy", and he saw that there was, and said "oh shit!!!"

----------

But conservative means different things in different countries which is sad. it is amazing how from a religious standpoint, america contains the most fundementalisem. people like to spout off about how its all about the middle east and the muslims, but we have a even more vitriolic form of fundementalisem here in amerca. one that is just as damaging.

they may not blow up buildings, but they do fund legislation in other countries making murder of gay people permissable, and fund guns to african nations to put in the hands of fundementalist converts there so they can blast the love of god through other people's skulls, including other chirstians who practices more traditional and responcible and moral forms of christanity.

6. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bleh, that guy is at once very intelligent and very insane. His tract reads like a conspiracy theory: sequential "facts" and quotations not explicitly connected, but implicitly linked due to a precarious and unorganized proximity. At least we can count on them for poorly written media.

I mean, come on! Good propaganda isn't that hard to write. You won't convince anyone in the long run if you don't put forward a (seemingly) solid argument. This stuff is equivalent to 1940s Italian propaganda: "Mussolini is always right!" It doesn't hold water. They are wimping out by simply quoting convenient Bible verse and scaring the moderates; if they actually tried, we could reveal their terrifying aspect far easier. At least I could then write them off as evil rather than feel sorry for their inherent lameness.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope everyone likes what I wrote on that blog post:

----------

Oh and I apologize for the repent thing...I'm not actually fully religious, nor do I generally say it, but for those.......idiots....I decided to do so...

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh, they won't win. Let them be religious nuts.

9. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    EC should comment-bomb their sorry butts.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh, I know they won't, but it's still fun :slight_smile:

11. starfish

YAY!!!

What a bunch of teases.

I read the letter and it is just close minded right wing propaganda.

12. Wow. What a load of reeking cow shit. There are so many things wrong with that letter even within the realms of Christian canon. But in our great country, the good ol' US of A, we have this thing called separation of church and state. Oh, never heard of it? It's where one religion does not hold sway over the law. As in, it can't make laws based on its own belief system. And we have something else, called equal rights, where all people are created equal and have the same rights as everyone else. Which is obviously violated when you take away the right for any two consenting adults to marry.

Bahahaha! That's hilarious :slight_smile: No, of course I didn't make that grammatically correct when I quoted it.

13. Emberstone

grammar eludes me on the internet... if only internet forums had spell/grammar/style check.

NoM is a hate group. They spread slanderous filth and lies about people who are not harming america in any way, while they spread their un christian facisem far and wide in attempts to create nazi germany and reaffirm inequality.

14. Gaetan

We will win this war. I know we will in the end. Unfortunately, it may take a generation or tow to overturn the absurdity of what the current leading generation has done.

If I ever meet this woman, my exact words to her will be, "I am honored to meet you. Now, may I respectfully punch you in the gut?"

15. Emberstone

my question is this... I, as a member of the gay community, dont remeber anyone saying 2009 was going to be our year and end the war.

I think NoM is making things up again... kind of like everything that was said in their comercials, which ammounted to outright lies and misrepresentation of facts that they contradicted.

16. mmilam75

The sad part is that, reading through this, I could remember having spent time around people like this idiot, people who sincerely believe this tripe. When they talk about recruiting their children, as ridiculous as it sounds to any sane, normal person, they believe this idiocy. We're going to win this battle, but it's going to take a long time before that happens. It occurs to me that, on the question of slavery, it took the United States a civil war before the abhorrent practice was ended. Although I don't think it's going to take a civil war, it's going to take a huge shift over the next several years. As I read this, it just makes me all the more committed to being a part of that until groups like NOM are shut down for good, them and their perversions of the Bible's actual message.

17. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, yeah. That is classic propaganda: they create an argument or stance that never was just so it is easy to tear it down. No one will bother to argue against the claim that we were waiting for 2009 to "be the year" and instead got shnockered, because no one did and no, we really didn't.

I find it therapeutic to email these jackasses with actually cohesive arguments against them, even though it won't do anything (put it on my blog too). Hopefully, I will succeed in making Mr. Brown a little uncomfortable when he checks his email, in that visceral "oh, huh...well no, but...wait, what does that mean about..." way. The confusion, if any, will pass quickly, but for a few split seconds I might just be messing with his unconscious. And then he will return to his regularly schedule bigotry.

An ill-founded hope, but indeed fun.

18. RaeofLite

Why bomb the NOM headquarters? They'd automatically assume it was "us"/LGBTQ. If you wanted to be really smart about it (and no I'm not saying "Yes, do this!") then you'd bomb a high ranking LGBTQ Community (getting all the people out first of course).

19. starfish

Small point of correction. The civil war was not about slavery, it was about the rates of the states. The ending of slavery that resulted from emancipation proclamation was purely a tactical move designed to cripple the southern economy.

Even the civil rights and social changes that occurred in the 60's were in response criticisms from the Soviets.

20. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People will evolve past religion eventually I hope. Just gotta wait.