1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CADC's hatred and persecution of homosexuals

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pseudojim, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I posted this earlier, but we lost a lot of posts and the original was one of them... So here it is again

So, the Christian Anti-Defamation Commission has just released their "list of the top ten incidents of anti-Christian defamation, bigotry and discrimination in the US from last year." All ten have their fair dose of stupid, but these three make me sickest:

http://www.christianadc.org/news-and-articles/440-top-10-anti-christian-acts-of-2009
    Firstly, i don't know why they put the word bishop in inverted commas, as though he is not a bishop... Bishop Robinson is a legitimate bishop.

I like how allowing homosexuals to do the same things normal people do is apparently "anti-Christian defamation, bigotry and discrimination". The hypocrisy is staggering. Ostensibly fighting against bigotry, they make a completely nonsensical claim that they're actually the target of defamation by a group of people who did nothing but play music and sing for a presidential inauguration. A group of people who just happen to belong to a minority they are doing their best to oppress. Oh the disgusting irony.

What do they want? If gay people doing something normal in public is objectionable, what's their solution? Prevent gay people having the right to be in the public eye? This is not a religion being attacked by a homosexuals. This is the CADC bullying and attempting to completely stifle an entire demographic.

Why is the fact that there are safe schools for gay students an offense? How are they being Christ-like here? And what is meant by "radical anti-Christians"? I suggest that what they mean is that anyone who opposes the Christian political agenda is antichristian, they don’t actually have to have expressed antichristian sentiments. Kevin Jennings has been attacked, with repeated exaggerated or false statements by the religious right, merely because he is gay. That is enough.

Anyone who opposes the theocratic worldview of the religious right seems to be automatically attacked as antichristian. The two are not the same thing. All these theocrats are doing is intentionally confusing categories to try to make it look that anyone who opposes their big government and/or moralism is really motivated by a primarily antichristian agenda. Stop playing the victim.
    First of all, how can an institution whose rules are dictated by dogma hundreds or thousands of years old have the arrogance to claim to be able to tell the "truth about homosexuality"?

Secondly, offering the same protection from to homosexuals that is currently protecting other, less offensive demographics is apparently not on.

Thirdly, the hate crimes bill has NOTHING to do with religious liberty and freedom of speech. You can practice any religion you want, you can scream and rant vitriolic anti-homosexual hate speech from the rooftops until the cows come home, you can't be arrested for that. You can be arrested for violent crime though, and if that violence was motivated by hatred toward a demographic like race or religion, you're in major trouble.

Except gays, according to the CADC. No deal. They want rights for them... not for others.

Seriously... I don't understand how these people can be so blind to themselves.

2. RaeofLite

:bang:

I feel so sorry for these people who wear blinders all of their lives. Mostly for the kids that are forced to believe whatever their parents believe and hold up signs of hatred. :frowning2:

And if they can't accept a minority that is basically:
    a) are generally accepting of all others (except haters) because they know what it's like to be discriminated against
    b) provides goods and services just like they do and pay taxes
    and c) ...(I will think of something)

then they can go - :***::***: themselves. :dry:

In my opinion they need to stop reading the Bible or their religious texts so literally and actually live life and get to know some more people outside their usual "circles". The world can be a beautiful place outside those circles...

3. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Those people are just pathetic and sad. It's funny how they can be so hateful and say such mean things about gays, then claim they're the oppressed ones! How pathetic. I don't feel one bit sorry for them.

4. shimmersky

This is sick and wrong.

P.S. Please please please remember that not all Christians are like this!! :frowning2:

5. paint

^ Definitely agree

But I just get such a bad feeling when faith backs up statements like these. Like the Inquisition or the Crusades. That's probably a little extreme but...it's just sad to me. We need to stick together.(*hug*) We have the power to turn their words into lies with our actions. :soapbox: And how DARE they attack music too!

6. Emberstone

what is scary about the inquisition is that the governing body of the catholic church which was incharge of the inquisition still exists, and never ceased being a active body.

Scarier thing is, the current pope was the head of it. it now is just refered to by the church as a body upholding doctrine and dogma of the church.

Religion has a place... and not in politics.

when religion invades the political progress, hypocracy is taken to whole new levels.

in a democratic society based on englightenment ideals *I.E. a seperation from the violent rules of the theocracy*, we should be, and or founding fathers fought that we would be protected from religious interference.

the fundie christians fight to take away the rights of everyone but themselves. but the moment a law is put in place to protect the civil rights of people on the basis of violence against their persons for the color of their skin, their gender, or their orientation, the fundies start crying that people are taking away their rights.

READ YOUR FUCKIN BIBLE YOU BASTERDS! thou shell not murder you peices of shit!

It is a sin to cause harm to another person... it is not your right to do so either.

They hate the hate-crimes bills... well sorry, but your own bible says your wrong and going to hell simply for hate.

But you can always tell a fundementalist from a real christian... a fundementalist is someone who only holds everyone else up to the bible while they go on stealing, killing, beating their wives, and molesting their children.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

That's really all I can say.....

8. Nitro

How about replacing the above with something to really whine about (for fun, not for reals):

i. Voters in several state referenda have invalidated all marriages not performed by a judge, such as those performed and sanctioned by churches. Exit poll results show most people voting for the invalidations did so because they didn't want religious marriage taught in school or the (neo)-christian lifestyle being promoted.

"You can pray, worship, and live together all you want, but keep it in the bedroom. And stop trying to indoctrinate my kids!" - Angry Protester

ii. Over six hundred military personnel were dishonorably discharged this year for being discovered as christian.

"In this great country dedicated individuals can serve in our armed forces regardless of faith, or lack thereof. However, if it comes to the attention to your commanding officer that you worship zombie sometimes three, sometimes one, all knowing and powerful, so-called alpha and omega god, unit cohesion may be put at risk. You will therefore not be allowed to serve any further. It is okay if you openly worship some other deity like a normal person though." - Admiral

iii. Churches raided for no apparent reason, disrupting Christmas service. Seven were arrested on charges of causing public disturbance, unlawful distribution of alcohol, and/or assaulting an officer. At least one worshipper is in the intensive care ward, reportedly suffering from bleeding of the brain.

"They were just singing their hymns like they do all the time, praying, praising, and passing communion," said one neighbour and witness to the raid. "Then all of a sudden the police show up and cuff 'em and shoved one on the ground really hard."

"But wait!" you exclaim. "There were marriage referenda in California and Maine. There is a prohibition against open or discovered gays and lesbians from serving in the forces. And there was that Fort Worth gay bar raid for no apparent reason on the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall rebellion."

#8 Nitro, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [edit] lol, never mind, thought the above post was serious.

10. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

It seems like this sort of thing just facilitates the whole 'us-against-them' attitude among gay people and Christians. I mean that last statement is just a lie in the same way that them saying that 'all gays transmit AIDS' or 'gay marriage will destroy society' are lies.

I'm a huge fan of Martin Luther King Jr and his philosophy of taking the high ground in the civil rights movement. His idea being that by taking the high ground of non-violence and love during the civil rights campaign, you could win your oppressors in the process.

I think these guys in the OP are douchebags, but as a Christian and a gay person I see huge misunderstanding on both sides.

11. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah i agree, grand sweeping statements do nobody any good. For the record i was attacking the CADC, not all fundamentalists or all christians.

12. SRSLYMARK

Please, I'm eating.

13. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is so stupid and. . .it's ultimately power and bigotry feeding on ignorance. . .

14. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    That is absolutely horrifying and makes all Christians look bad.

15. Emberstone

I consider it making fundies and extremist christians look bad more than it makes the majority of christians look bad.