1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Stop Legal Murder/Life Imprisonment of Uganda LGBT

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone, please use this to tell the senators, the president, everyone to help stop the Uganda Anti-LGBT law. I don't care if you say you're too lazy, or you're under age, or whatever. I'm in Canada and I sent the letter using a hotel address and such so don't tell me you can't do it. Even if you don't live there, they are our family and we need to help them.

https://secure3.convio.net/hrc/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=655

2. kettleoffish

I signed it. I just used 90210 as my zip :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Sicsemper79

I sent mine.

4. Derek the Wolf

In the future, don't send it if you're not part of the country. Someone who wants to ignore can make it really easy to go "Hey, this is a BS address. They're probably all fake!" And there goes the hard work.

Even if you're from Canada, be honest about it. It can't hurt, even though you're not a citizen.

5. Connor22

sorry then I thought I was just doing my bit, oh well it's sent :slight_smile:

6. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

Why not write to Canadian, British, etc. politicians?

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually hun I used a real address, it just is an address for a hotel is all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. RaeofLite

I sent one. I may send a few actually. I also posted it on my facebook in an effort to get anyone on my friends list and spread word through word of mouth. *fingers crossed*

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

Sent oneee. :wink: Idk why it needs my real address.

Edit: Actually the link doesn't give real addresses. It keeps telling me my zip code is split across 2 districts. Wtf. So screw it. I don't know why this particular petition is so friggen hard to sign. It makes people not wanna bother.

#10 Austin, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  10. RaeofLite

Ugh... I just had a massive facebook comment debate... regarding my post to help aid Uganda and Civil Rights with the link posted in this thread.

This friend of mine (who is bi and open about it...) debated with me! He has a girlfriend but doens't mind sleeping with guys from time to time since they are in an open relationship...

Anyway! I was so surprised when he posted against it (especially since he's not straight)... saying basically how "no one argued against their 14 year prison term before so it shouldn't matter now that it's simply public"... and how it's similar to what the Nazis seemed to do. WT:***:... And I ranted about how the Nazis persecuted based on religion which is 'chosen' whereas homosexuality isn't. And yet we fought for the rights of all the free people anyway! (Granted I understand Uganda probably isn't going to go on an African Crusade to kill Jews or all the gays continental wide...)><

Agh... I need to go vent. :tantrum: :eusa_doh:

#11 RaeofLite, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010