1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes a Gay Basher tick...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by shorty, Jan 19, 2010.

1. shorty

This is a pretty thought provocking article. Its an interview with a psychologist who has tried to understand the motives behind gay bashing and harrassment. I tend to agree with her that its not deviant psychology, but rather social psychology and how gay people and anyone acting outside the social norms of their gender role are percieved. Its a bit depressing but also interesting to read.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/assault/interviews/franklin.html

2. adam88

Fascinating. That's the impression I get too, from where I grew up.

3. olides84

Yeah interesting, but also this story is from 2000, ten years ago. I think a lot has changed in a lot of places in 10 years.

4. shorty

Hmm, i'm not so sure things have changed that much as to make it irrelevant. Of course this depends on where you live, but i'd say that unless you live in a *very* liberal area, it holds true. Certainly does where I live.