1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indiana :(

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by JurrBurr, Jan 20, 2010.

1. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Eh that's the midwest for ya. I still haven't really figured out how Iowa managed to get same sex marriage legalized. They seem to have been the diamond in the rough in that area of the country.

3. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

Unfortunately, I live in the midwest. I live in the Top 4th ranked gay city in America. :slight_smile: But there are still issues that need to be fixed!

4. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ughh....so I guess theres not really any hope for me getting married within the next 20 years(barring the Supreme Court). Sad day. :icon_sad:

5. Sylver

Two steps forward, one step back...

6. Zumbro

Sad days for Indiana, but you can't blame the midwest. (I'm from there, so I'll protect it a bit). We have to remember that New York and Maine both shot us down these past few months too :frowning2:

No matter what though, we just have to keep trying. We are the next civil rights movement, and we're the hardest because our difference isn't visible on the outside. We only lose when we give up.

Of course, we could just all move to Canada...

----------

Sad days for Indiana, but you can't blame the midwest. (I'm from there, so I'll protect it a bit). We have to remember that New York and Maine both shot us down these past few months too :frowning2:

No matter what though, we just have to keep trying. We are the next civil rights movement, and we're the hardest because our difference isn't visible on the outside. We only lose when we give up.

Of course, we could just all move to Canada...

7. mmilam75

If they go after gay marriage and civil unions, that could actually be a blessing in disguise. Before Arizona passed our own stupid Constitutional amendment in 2008, the conservatives tried to pass a similiar one in 2006 that went after gay marriages and civil unions. That one was defeated because moderates didn't like the overreaching aspect of it...hopefully, a similiar dynamic will play out in Indiana

8. RaeofLite

Yep. I'll find a place to party and you come visit. :grin: (!!)

9. Kid Quasar

I knew trouble was hitting close to home, but now my home state of Indiana? There just has to be something we can do win this time.

10. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to live there. Wow, that's just awful. :frowning2:

11. Zume

Hmm..if we did all move to Canada.. I have to wonder if the US would just cease to operate...:lol:

12. SRSLYMARK

Heh. It's weird to be in Illinois - gay equality to the west, and now this to the east. This is a truly sad event. Yet another reason why Illinoisans tend to view Indianans as a completely different species. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Sylver

I think you're on to something - don't forget to come here yourself :thumbsup:!

There's probably some truth to this. IMHO, Canada is a healthier country because of its relative tolerance of gays/homosexuality. I think tolerance of any minority is good for a country in general and probably results in a better living environment for all people.

I'm proposing our new motto - "Send us your tired, your weak, your gays and lesbians..."

14. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    Yay! Let's go to Vietnam! Fabulous country! Plus, with American money, you guys are heading there for a good time of recession-proof festive consumption. :grin: I guarantee.
    Also, the ban on civil union is outrageous! Such a stubborn, insidious, vindictive effort to resist the nature of humanity.