1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Let Iowans vote to preserve traditional marriage"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Drizzt DoUrden, Jan 24, 2010.

1. haelmarie

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

Poorly written article with absolutely nothing new to say (although I thought the headings to signify a new train of thought, like "Clash of views" and "How society suffers" added a certain je ne sais quoi to the piece). I didn't read it through after I saw the words "Likewise, Christians", but I saw this:

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONGWRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Can we sue their asses for monumental stupidity?

2. Shevanel

^ That sorta reminded me of this for some reason xD

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLry6Cn_D4[/YOUTUBE]

3. Sicsemper79

This makes my fucking nose bleed. I heard Pat Robertson say the same thing not too long ago. EXACTLY, TO WHICH SOCIETY ARE YOU REFERRING? Rome? Really? That's why the Roman Empire fell? Because of the gays? That's your fucking argument you goat fucking moron?

Because it seems that it was broken apart shortly after Christianity became the official state religion... as a matter of fact, after nearly a 1000 years of regional superiority, Constantine converted to Christianity... within 100 years, the Visigoths sacked Rome... you redneck motherfucker. :bang:

4. RaeofLite

I love how all the arguments against homsexuality say it's "a choice". (Using what logic for that anyway? Of course if you're NOT gay you won't really understand...) And how they also use the bible as 'evidence' for it being wrong? Where else are you going to get concrete evidence that gay marriage is 'wrong'? Um, no where because... it's not wrong. If you don't like it, don't marry the same sex! (Like Wanda Sykes said). :slight_smile:

Plus, it's not like Canada, the Netherlands or other countries that legalized same sex marriage are falling apart. I mean, yes, we are in debt (just like any other country) and yes our economy is in the tank but that's because of people spending money they didn't have and banks falling through on their promises as a result of that+ morgage issues and other issues I don't fully understand. NOT because of gay marriage. Duh...

Oh Suferdude, I could only stand 17 seconds of that horrible video before I shook my head saying 'Ah... nein..."

#5 RaeofLite, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  5. Nodnarb

Lawls:lol: What a ridiculous article. The only reason I can think for a liberal paper like the DMR to publish this garbage is in hopes that most of their readers are intelligent enough to realize how full of shit the anti-gays are.

(Oh, and Bryan English is one of the few people I would punch in the face if I ever came across him. Others would be Maggie Gallagher and any member of the Phelps family)

6. Brad

Isn't that exactly what Sally Kern said?

7. So, I totally wrote a semi-response to this article and plan on submitting it to the paper. I'll let you know if it gets published.

8. Nodnarb

I'm reading the comments section now. Very happy to say that so far they're nearly unanimously in favor of marriage equality. Some of them are pretty entertaining.

I'll have to start picking up a copy of the DMR now to see if they publish a pro-marriage equality article. Hopefully they do yours:slight_smile:

9. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    did they check to see whether or not there was more cheap prostitution happening?

this is because those societies approve these things too late.

the constitution itself is not Christian, the writer and a majority of readers however are. Actually from websites I've visited, there should be a good deal of Iowan youth that would vote for the definition change.

10. Dtownandrew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think this about sums up my opinion on the matter. Before the Christians came to power, men and women in the empire participated in all kinds of homosexual activities and conquered copious amounts of land. When they decided to be all "pure" and Christian oriented, Rome collapsed. Granted, all of the blame can't be attributed to Christianity, but I'm of the opinion that it certainly enhanced Rome's demise.

Also, if Christians want to keep marriage between a man and a woman, that's their business in their Church. They shouldn't be allowed to dictate the rules for a secular union before the state. Religion should stay involved in religion, and equality based civil services and rights should be left out of their influence.