1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay marriage = 9/11... *more idiocy from prop 8 supporters*

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Emberstone, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Emberstone

http://prop8trialtracker.com/2010/01/25/explosive-evidence-exposes-prop-8-campaign/

This really offends me.

2. Zach1992

What. The. Fuck?

They are trully desperate...

3. Shevanel

Yeah... that's really fucking offensive =/ especially to the people who were directly affected. Like me. Fucking idiots.

4. Emberstone

in the end, what prop 8 was doing is more akin to terrorisem then gay people getting married.

the definition of terrorisem is to terrorise people, and spreading such hate and trying to make people terrified by abby and annie down the street getting married is a form of it, even if it does not involve killing people and destruction of property.

5. Gaetan

The more you are backed into a corner the more desperate you become.

6. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's also the gays fault that the nation has a multi-trillion debt deficit; I just had to have those shoes in blue.

7. Brad

To me it says that the everyone will be affected by the change. Which is true in my opinion. While it would change the legal rights of all SSA people out there it would also mean that many straight peoples perceptions of homosexuality will be challenged. I actually don't think the analogy is that bad or that it is necessarily an argument against gay marriage.

#7 Brad, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  8. Connor22

I stopped reading after the 9/11 bit. I'm allergic to bullshit.

9. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    Honestly, I think the height of IMPACT of a universal gay marriage in America with one of 9/11 is comparable. Think about what it would mean to progressiveness in human rights and equality. It will echoe the whole globe.
    However, whoever being quoted in the opening post is not right. Not right because he subjectively ascribed the implications (fear, hatred, destruction, loss of lives) of 9/11 to gay marriage. Also, although in terms of level of their impact, they are analogous, in terms of nature of their impacts, they are essentially NOT "the same type of thing."
    So he's wrong. :slight_smile:
    After all, there are ALWAYS people who possess different viewpoints from ours, actually, in anything. (Feel free to contact me if you "beg to differ." :slight_smile:) There will always be people who say unkind words because we look or live differently. However, the only words that matter are from the people who love and care about us.

10. Sylver

Part of me says this is just bullshit and to ignore it and go on. But part of me also realizes that there's a media war out there, and if we don't take a stand against ludicrous assertions like this, we're going to pay for it among the general population. That's what's happening here; the haters can see the pendulum swinging towards equality and fairness, and to stop it they're using the media as a weapon. I'm worried that the pendulum can just as easliy swing back in the other direction if we don't counter the crap that they are spewing. If we're not careful, this won't only set back gay marriage, it could set back all of gay rights.

It's times like these I wonder if I need to grow some balls and become an activist. (I guess I'd have to come out a little more first...)

11. EM68

WOW the stupidity of people...next.

12. kettleoffish

I've never quite got why the American right wing compare *everything* to either 9/11 or Hitler. Seriously, Obama is not a fascist or a genocidal maniac, and gay marriage is not a fucking terrorist act killing innocent civilians.

I hate when people do that, it really really pisses me off when these comparisons are made.

13. mmilam75

Wow. This is beyond stupid. I'm speechless at how offensive this is...

14. Emberstone

invoking the holocaust, 9/11, or any other senseless tragedy of any kind is just morally wrong. We should not be politicizing these things.

Right wingers, al franken, and jeannine garafalo all need to sit on their hands and shut their mouths before they try to use tragedy for political gain. oh, and michelle bachman needs a muzzle.

15. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    @JamesENL:
    I, too, share your concern. I firmly believe that right from the start, legal equality of gays and lesbian, including the rights to marriage, is undeniable.
    It is in urgency that every government and their people of all civilizations recognize indisputable equal standing of gays and lesbians, regardless of popular opinion (and redeem themselves/ourselves from so many horrific and treacherous acts towards gays and lesbians.)
    Because their rights, like many others, are an inseparable component of liberty and progress, which were why this country, plus many others, was strived for in the first place.
    I think that acceptance and welcome from others are a blessing of equality, an honorous gift; however, they are out of any question, in no way, by no means the pre-requisite of moral equality of all human beings.
    It may be the only way, for now, by swaying the hearts and minds of the public to gain our recognition. However, in the end, we must establish an ideal equality that is set in every rock, every stone in this world. For what we are going to achieve is not something, for life or death, and in its very nature, depends on some black ink-white paper edicts (in the same way how our rights are written in the constitution, and in stones).
    I would use my last statement to express condolence to John Adam's mourning of the death of our republic, how America corrupted itself to a democratic government, run by self-absorbing interest factions, only to plague its nation to ever suffer from the tyranny of majority, that its strong shall mangle its weak, its rich shall rob its poor, and its many shall repress its few.

#15 Starburst, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  16. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is absolutely disgusting. There's nothing sicker than milking a tragedy for political purposes is just sickening.

17. Emberstone

hate to say it, but milking 9/11 seems to be a favorate past time of the elitist far right fringe. heck, even the moderate leaning right are trying to do it also.

but to compare two people getting married to 3k people being murdered in a act of previously unimaginable horror...

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm officially going to be sick guys....

And here's what Rick Jacobs so eloquently said for our side :grin:

Anyone notice that people on our side use more eloquent words and speaking patterns, whereas the Pro-Prop 8 people use just dumb words that make them look like applied level English.

19. Emberstone

Education matters more to progressives and liberals than it does to conservatives and Status Quo'ers. it is easier to keep people down trodden if they are left in the dark. That is the big reason right wing groups fought to prevent the trial from being broadcasted.

the Prop 8 side has not shown good effort, and the equality side has excelled.

the judge rarely has to scold the plaintiffs, but not a day goes by that in the transcriptions from the court, we dont see Walker overruling the defendents objections, and reminding them to stay on topic and abide by the rules of the court.

20. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup

Wow! I love how you express yourself.

Don't you know? That's a basic legal/political/fear tactic. :eek: