1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Diego is now California's gayest city :)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by paco, Feb 2, 2010.

1. paco

paco Guest

happy news!

i know the study was biased to get San Francisco off the top of the list, but it still makes me proud.

----------

ps. this article came out suspiciously close to the time that i moved into the gay district...

2. Nodnarb

*glares to the East*

You may be gayer than us Iowa City, but Ames is still better...

3. RaeofLite

I thought San Fran was the "Gay Mecca"? *eyebrow raise* Eh whatever. I still want to go see all of California now that I'm older and can remember more of it than a 9 year old. :slight_smile:

4. paco

paco Guest

it is. the study they did was mostly for shock value and doesnt actually mean anything. but if gays believe it and start flocking to san diego it could become a self fulfilling prophecy, and i have no problem with that :grin:

5. mattypants

more gays in socal? why would we have a problem with that?? :lol:

6. Emberstone

I always thought san diago has a drug and gang violence problem, being so close to the border and all.

7. Miss Bubbles

I've always wanted to go to cali. I wouldn't see a problem if I brought the entire gay army with me would you guys?

8. Emberstone

too late...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqtrqaSB1iQ[/YOUTUBE]

9. Shevanel

Python FTW ^

And yay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: This seems to be where I am most likely moving this summer anyway :slight_smile:

10. paco

paco Guest

haha well that depends on what you mean by problem. we don't have many gangs as far as i know, and apparently meth is like super popular here but i don't know anyone that's even used it. weed however is a different story, but since it's sometimes legal and less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol i don't consider it a real problem.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I don't remember seeing anything there that made it a gay city. Of course, I was only there for 5 days and we were mostly in down town, I don't think we were near the actual gay part.

12. paco

paco Guest

haha actually the gay part is just up the hill from down town. and there are rainbow flags lining the streets and shops and the houses are all cute cause they're from the era before suburbs became popular

blacks beach (mentioned in the article) is a hike down a cliff so it's more of a local thing.

13. Just Adam

what do u call up a hill from downtown??? can that still count as downtown if its back up a hill? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Up a hill means Hillcrest. There is a sign at 5th and University in San Diego that reads "Hillcrest" and is lit at night in neon so you can find it in the dark, especially if you are dazed. Paco is only 20 so he's not visited the watering holes there, at least that is my guess LOL

You will discover we have participated in our share of bringing gay culture and politics to the people. But I really agree, nothing beats San Francisco.

15. paco

paco Guest

yeah, sad life :frowning2:

16. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    21 is obviously less than a year away for you. But I wouldn't be in any hurry if I were you. From reading your posts, I don't think you need alcohol to be happier or have more fun.

Now if we were still in the disco days, that would be different :lol:

17. Just Adam

getting travolta flashbacks