1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

homophobia at work

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by GoBabyGoGo, Feb 7, 2010.

1. GoBabyGoGo

today at work my boss was telling a story

he used to work as a security guard. one night he was working at an oxford street bar. a shitfaced gay guy walks out and just touches him on the arm. my boss tells him to follow him around the back. he does. my boss then said he called a friend and kept talking to the gay guy. he friend arrived with a baseball bat, knocked the gay guy unconscious, and ended up breaking one of the guys legs.

i was totally sickened. the two other guys with me thought it was a great joke.

my boss then says:

if you ever want to beat someone up, go to oxford street. gay guys cant fight. they are useless. they are just men who have lost their masculinity. lead one of them into your car by winking at him. drive to a quiet back street and bash the poofter. in my country, there are no gay guys because they will be hanged on sight.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm I believe this is a case you can charge him on discrimination, and verbally admitting to harming another human being....though I could be wrong...I don't know about the laws in Australia.

3. Yannee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's just horrible :frowning2:
    I hope you are looking for a new job, right now. You are in danger with this boss.

4. KittyBoy

Ben, what nationality is he? Anyway it is punishable to the FULL EXTENT Australian Law.

Raise a warning to his superiors, as he is a threat to a healthy working environment, which can be raised with the fair work ombudsman and that should get him removed as a moral and ethical action, less they face being sued for encouraging a hostile person to influence his staff.

If not, just report him to the fair work ombudsman directly. Say that he is a threat to personal health, be re-educated, and should be suspended from work pending investigation, just try to get the right people involved, but remain as anonymous as possible.

5. Brad

I too believe you should report him to whoever is the next step above him. It is not something that should be said in the workplace under any circumstances.

6. iLambedil

iLambedil Guest

Some huge part of me hopes that people like this go to hell and for eternity they have to suffer the same horrible things they did on earth. I hope this guy (and his friend) are beaten repeatedly with a baseball bat for eternity!

On the other hand, I'm not that violent and I would hope that if there is a G-d he would be able to forgive this man if sincerely asked!

You totally need to bring this to the attention of the superiors. I would hope in Australia this is totally illegal!

7. GoBabyGoGo

wow. i mentioned it to my lesbian friend who also works there. she just laughed it off and said that that guy is all talk. she said he is definitly lying. and that he always lies and she has caught him out many occasions. so its reassured me at least that he most likely didnt do that, and to be honet, i cant quite imagine him doing it. but still his attitude scares me. btw, he is from iran. and he mentioned something (jokingly) about how there should be a terrorist attack at this years mardi gras. but im not scared. hes all talk. im sure he doesnt know shit.

8. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Assuming that your boss has his own superiors, I would report this. I am not typically a person that wants to stir things up, but I think this would do it for me.

9. knight of ni

You don't have to put up with that kind of intolerant abuse at work. Make a fuss about it: a big fuss. Talk to your boss' boss, talk to the HR department, talk to the ombudsman as kittyboy suggested... talk to someone!
    Don't for a second tolerate such an outrageous boss!

10. NeonCookies

Even if this is all talk and he has never actually done the thing he said he has done, Just thinking that way and thinking it is cool to do it would be enough for me to report him, even if he did not commit the crime he could still be written up for discrimination and he might not get fired but it might make him think once or twice before he tells stories like that in the work place again...what a terrible terrible man

11. RaeofLite

Even if it is all talk, would you want to one day realize it isn't by reading the morning's paper or hearing something on the news or through truthful word of mouth?

12. Sylver

You just nailed it.

This dipshit needs to be taught a lesson about respecting his fellow human beings. Even if they're just words (hopefully), they're still shitty words. They encourage homophobia and they're making for a bad environment at work. If you're in a position to do something about this idiot, do it. I know of about 1,500 active people on this forum who would support you.

13. Zume

:thumbsup: Well stated..both of ya. That :***: does not deserve to have that job or even have contact with other people. :dry:

14. Just Adam

report him, apply for new job, quit tell him hes a pathetic piece of filth

and all else fails hit him with a baseball bat till ur hands go numb

15. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    get him to retell the story, record it , off to court . then wink at him

16. KittyBoy

Ben, you can also raise it with WorkSafe Australia, they will need a heads up, even if the guy is all talk. He is technically influencing other people to be discriminative and violent, making the work place an unsafe area.