1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay seriously

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Rikudo, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Rikudo

2. Just Adam

its not someone's gender or sexuality that makes them a good parent. after all it never seems to matter if blood related or not and one woman and one guy is fine but 2 oh no that's tooooooo much >.>

only idiots think that they don't realise all that matters is the love for the child.

3. RaeofLite

Isn't a loving home with any parent or two parents (regardless of orientation) better than nothing at all anyway? Jeez...

4. Gaetan

That's been one of my biggest arguments for adoption rights. Seriously.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sickened me.

6. NeonCookies

wow that is terrible, i would think that two loving parents doesnt matter what gender is better then none also, and the fact that one of the women is related to them is a big bonus because it makes it easier on the kid it and its great the it would get to live by a relative that way it doesnt have to go to some strange people who know nothing about his family background. But apparently that does not matter either

7. tinarenee

You know it’s funny. We as adults, as parents are supposed to protect children (all children not just our own) put their needs before our own, help them to become productive adults. Give them the tools they need to be happy healthy people. Protect them at all costs. Protect their innocents, their rights, their very lives and yet some groups seem to think that taking their innocents by using them as leverage in some ridiculous fight that is born of nothing but pure hate is completely alright. It amazes me that they think God is ok with all this. I don’t see how anyone can be ok with this.

8. paint

They're just absolute retards. The principle of credulity fails them and so they literally conjure a different reality and parade around, telling everyone they can that it's the truth.

9. Connor22

wait... what? I don't understand this, was the boy adopted by a lesbian couple but then some people didn't like that and they are trying to get the boy away from the couple is that it?

10. paint

Yeah. And when they presented a picture of the "couple" it wasn't even them.

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The funny thing is, these religious zealots and bigots talk about how unhealthy it is for the children, and how they grow up gay or lesbian or whatever... and there is absolutely zero data to support their contention.

There isn't a ton of research on children raised in same-sex households, but of the research that is there, it shows no meaningful difference in social adjustment, delinquent or aberrant behaviors, or other negative attributes among kids raised in same-sex households.

But they still trumpet from the treetops screaming that it's awful. Never let a few little facts get in the way of your bigoted arguments :slight_smile:

12. Johnnieguy

I would disagree that all that matters is love for the child. You also need to have a reasonable income to be able to feed, clothe, and shelter your child. But gays as a whole have a ton of extra/disposable income from not having children, so that should be even more of a reason to let us adopt. We can provide better homes than many straight, red-neck, back-woods parents can!

13. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow. I can't. Hmm. This is just sooooooo idiotic and stupid and. . .I don't even know where to start. I can't imagine how many times something like this actually happens. . .it's just sad that people are willing to send false information out to prove a point that they KNOW is false. . .

14. Dtownandrew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My dad lives in Orlando. I remember a few months ago I was down at his house and watching the local news, and they were talking about how a subdivision in Orange county explicitly banned gay couples from leasing homes in the neighborhood. For a state that appears to be so liberal and semi-northern in culture, it's amazing how large the impact of the state's retired and pan-handle republican residents is.