1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norway: Monsen sued the state because of the new marriage law, the case was rejected

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sokk, Feb 10, 2010.

1. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    We just had a case here in Norway where a Christian homophobic bigot tried to sue the state. Since her marriage is now "less worth" since both straight and gay marriages are under the same law. Yeah, I don't get the argumentation either, but what can you expect from bigots like her?

She is appealing and is prepared to take it to high court, but I am sure it will get rejected there too.

I say another win for love and equal rights. She can try that case as much as she want, but she will never get the answer she hopes for. The law will stand as it is for many years to come :slight_smile:

What I find most disturbing though is that she actually WON a "free speech award" last year. She said that gay people were sick and that children growing up with lesbian parents would have a handicap. She won the award and 100 000 kroner which she OF COURSE decided to use to sue the state! Awesome. Oh well, like I said, she can try as much as she want, but she will never get the result she's hoping for.

Here's the article, I used google translate:
    http://tinyurl.com/ylccd3r

2. Just Adam

Re: Norway: Monsen sued the state because of the new marriage law, the case was rejec

i think its great she won. it shows the intolerant panel it shows publicly how stupid she is and she also wasted her money going i dont feel special any more.

3. RaeofLite

Re: Norway: Monsen sued the state because of the new marriage law, the case was rejec

"I don't feel special anymore"? WTF? If you want to feel special-work on your own self issues, not how 'marriage' is supposed to define you. Marriage doesn't define who you are... wow when will people learn this?

You've got to work on yourself outside of a relationship to be the 'special' person you are. Plus, if you're thinking of a same sex couple when you're with your 'special opposite sex person' then you are: either not straight or so insecure that you need to get some therapy. That plus the idea that church and state should be one are so archaic...

4. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I agree. And about church and state being one. Yeah, it SUCKS. We still have a state church here. The Church gets financial support and funding by the state. The priests refuse to marry gay people, and the bishops REFUSE to make a new liturgy for same sex couples. But yet somehow they still get funding from the state because we have "religious freedom" in this country. That means they are allowed to discriminate against LGBT people. That is so awesome (or not)!

Sweden separated church and state some years ago. Gay couples there can get married in church. We can't. Coincident? I don't think so :frowning2:

5. Emberstone

I should totally sue fox for pushing back the release of new glee episodes till apirl, seeing as that deminishes the value of my tv viewing experience.... just as valid as her argument.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Erm yeah Adam....it's called proper grammar...use it next time because right now you just confused the hell out of me.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

No need to be such an ass about it.

8. Zume

Ok since there are none on here yet..i'll add my favorite

[​IMG]