1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paris Gay Kiss-In Moved Because Of Violent Christians

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pseudojim, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2010/02/paris-valentines-day-gay-kiss-in.html

It was originally supposed to take place in front of Notre Dame de Paris but Christian fundamentalist websites called in to "defend their faith against this provocation" by "AIDS bags", "sodomites" and other homophobic insults. The websites called in for a violent answer so the organizers decided to change the location to place Saint Michel in the nearby Latin Quarter, since the police strongly encouraged them to do so saying they could not protect them in case of trouble. The kiss in was held peacefully at St. Michel but some gays went to Notre Dame anyway and witnesses are saying 200 Christian activists were expecting them, and after they started kissing, they were attacked with motorbike helmets and kicked.

The Kiss-IN:
    [YOUTUBE]bz1TNNwqxIk[/YOUTUBE]

The anti-gay bigots:
    [YOUTUBE]ERG-r7i1lT4[/YOUTUBE]

2. padre411

Violence and Christian should be an oxymoron.

3. Just Adam

religious violence against minority's ....never. you sir are lying and im sure a moderator will close this thread soon.....

wait hes not lying? ...damn.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

How surprising.

5. Connor22

I'm guessing these guys missed the bible classes about, loving and sharing and not hurting... but wait wouldn't that be all of them?

6. Gaetan

They love and share and not hurt those who are just like them. All others are infidels and should burn!

7. Shevanel

Obviously the violence is wrong, but you probably wouldn't be too happy if a bunch of people you didn't agree with were doing something in front of your house either xD.

8. biisme

Who speaks French? What are they chanting in the second video?

9. Chandra

It's not French... I had to look it up 'cause I couldn't understand them, but apparently they're saying "Habemus papam" which is Latin for "We have a pope".

10. biisme

"We have a pope" ??

Okay....good for them.

I wish a Catholic LGBT person would say to them "I have a pope too. AND a boyfriend/girlfriend."

11. Beachboi92

This is ridiculous. It is one thing to be against something and be heard about it but a violent protest that police refused to defend them from? Completely out of line. I would have gone over there and snapped some pictures of police standing by while stuff was going down and of people attacking people. This is completely unacceptable that they would attack someone for a public display of affection.

If there was a big straight kiss fest people would be all happy about how people are showing the love. Stuff like this makes me furious there better be some serious political backlash over this blatant show of inequality within the police, and political systems not to mention just in the community in general.

12. RaeofLite

I agree. If gay people prottested a "public display of straight people making out" they'd get thrown in jail. Unfortunately the churches and religion is so deeply entrenched in the world that it's hard for most, if not all countries to split church and state apart.