1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malawi launches operation against high-profile gay and lesbian people

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/feb/16/malawi-operation-against-gays-lesbians

2. Just Adam

this is why i have no sympathy for less developed places. thy are given every chance encouragement and support to change and they do this.

3. kettleoffish

That isn't fair Adam, a lot of the homophobia in africa can be traced back to previous interference and 'support' from the west.

4. Rorry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For reasons like this I beleive Europe & the UN should stop all aid to these countrys. The aid is to help them develop, when clearly they show no intentions of improving there human rights, Fuck them.

Edit: yeah they are most likely getting some of this from western Influences, however they should have there own mind on what Is right and what is wrong,
    Sure dosn't sound like a country we want a share of our tax being payed too.

#4 Rorry, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

You do realize how ignorant that statement is, right?

6. Stuie

My two cents is basically that the West are going about trying to develop Africa the wrong way. Education is a much better way to fix problems like this, rather than throwing money at a corrupt and dysfunctional government.

Gay rights is basically the product of getting the cause for gays to be seen out and about through education of the general populace. That just isn't happening in Africa unfortunately. :frowning2: