1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC archdiocese calls off Foster care programs after legalization of gay marriage...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beachboi92, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Beachboi92

Saw it in the news and you could prob search up an article if anyone wants to post it (early here should have been asleep 4 hours ago and am lazy)

Basically they "Had" to stop caring for something like 37 kids in foster care because if they did provide that public service they would have to be willing to give kids to gay married couples. They say they cannot do it because it requires them to acknowledge the gay marriages (never-mind they could just ignore the fact that it is a gay couple and just think of it as giving kids to a loving home)

Some people are calling it an attempt to influence politics by using the kids as a pawn.
    The Archdiocese replied saying "we would never use children like a pawn"
    (never mind the fact that they are placing their political agenda and beliefs above the well being of children who want nothing more than a loving home)

This personally sickens me and i think shows the downright inhumanity of some of these religious organizations. These are kids!!!! They have been through enough being in a foster home! Now I'm gonna talk as if i was a religious person just for a second...
    Sure this is a "hardship" and a tough thing to have to deal with when you don't believe it is right. But these kids deserve a loving home and it is only christian of these people to put the well being of those kids above their own "beliefs" so that they can have a better happy life.
    (warning christian talk is ending)
    The church is very good at jumping through hoops to justify ridiculous things, unchristian things, evil things, i am sure they could find a way to justify these kids being allowed to be adopted by a gay couple.

It is not like a life with gay parents is somehow far worse than living in a foster home without a family or anyone to really be there as a solid, constant, unconditionally loving friend/mother/father.... Thankfully a new organization is taking them in. Hopefully someone will stand up and point out this generally childish and honestly evil move by the archdiocese (srry but i do not take it well when people do anything to negatively effect children).

Keep in mind i am not talking about all religion or anything like that mainly just the churches in DC that are doing this and the Archdiocese.:tantrum::bang::***::eusa_doh:

2. Just Adam

Re: DC archdiocese calls off Foster care programs after legalization of gay marriage.

religion sucks it always has been used to control people.

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Re: DC archdiocese calls off Foster care programs after legalization of gay marriage.

Talk about being childish.

4. Zumbro

5. Just Adam

anybody who says we aren't re-homing these kids they may get gay people gets no credit. like said putting views before child's welfare is sick.

i would have them arrested for neglect and child abuse as denying a child a loving caring home is just that.

6. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

BeachBoi92 is pointing out that the church has stopped performing a public service because of a change in public policy that it dislikes and will not support. :dry: Fine. Let them stop providing Foster Care for the children. Allow those children to be adopted into loving gay homes as one alternative. If that is not immediately available, other institutions should stand up and take its place. Do you think it might be better for those children to grow up in an environment where their thoughts might be allowed to develop as they wish. I think I am more frightened of the environment that this church is providing these impressionable minds than allowing them to be moved to other quarters. And you can be sure that they will find other institutions for their new homes.
    I certainly don't believe that the church is using these children as mere pawns in a political game of one upsmanship do you? It is surely more ethical than that...:roflmao: I don't know the bishops who preside over the ecclesiastic decision making involved here but I am sure that the adjudication :eusa_doh: involved here is ethical. :tears: I have never known a religious institution to tell a lie, have you? :eek: I mean ever? Lets see how this will end Ah. Checkmate? :grin:

Thanks for the post Beachboi

7. Emberstone

they are trying to turn something that poses no legtitimate threat to society *gay marragie* and through manipulation and dishonesty trying to make it seem like gay marriage is hurting society. by cutting off needy children, they are blaming gay marriage, when it was there choice, and nothing else, that is the real reason.

god's commandment of 'thou shell not kill' doesnt stop all the fundementalist whackjobs who wear christ on their sleeve like a fashion accessorie from being pro death penalty.

Religion has no place in politics... because all it does is breed hypocracy faster than anything else.

8. RaeofLite

I can think that three main reasons they're doing this:
    i) Because all gay people raise gay children. *eyeroll* We know this isn't the case because it's not a choice...
    ii) If there is a chance that gay people do not raise gay children, then the children will at least be supporters of gay rights because they have gay parents which hurts the "regligous agenda"
    iii) or their religious books are simply shoved too far up their asses or some religious people leading this movement are too insecure of themselves..

----

Hopefully this religious extremism will die out like an extinct species soon.

9. Emberstone

no matter what there reasoning (or lack thereof), they are taking out their dogmatic love of perpetuating inequality out on children who are completely unrelated to the issue of gay marriage.

had other more moral and reponcible charities not moved forward to pick up the slack left by catholic hatred, because that is what it is, these children would basically be hostages of the catholic church, used solely as political property.

"omgawd, the gays want to marry!! well fuck you children, you shitty little turds, we are dropping you cause there are consenting adults who want to confirm their commitment to each other."