1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minnesota House Holds First Hearing On Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Dan82

2. Sylver

It's about time that American's finest state took a position on this issue. Minnesota is liberal, progressive and very gay-friendly (at least in the Twin Cities metro - some of the rural areas are still pretty conservative) compared to some states that are allowing gay marriage (Iowa) and even compared to much of Canada. I would expect this to meet with success, although it may take some time.

And of course they trot out the canned Catholic priest to toe the party line;

Actually that's a slightly new take for me - the idea of there being no conjugal union with giving and receiving between homosexuals? That's downright weird if you think too hard about it...

3. Nodnarb

Hopefully our neighbors to the north follow our lead:slight_smile:

4. Beachboi92

I believe conjugal union simply means marriage between a man and a women (obviously doesnt happen with gay marriage) Also if hes referring to the idea of "giving and receiving" simultaneously in the way i think he is he obviously has never had gay sex, or at least really good gay sex (!)(!)(!)(!) then again i have an intensely dirty mind haha

5. Chandra

I'm guessing that by "conjugal union" he means a marriage that has been fully consummated through sexual intercourse. He seems to be of the opinion that this is impossible for a same-sex couple to achieve. This reminds me of something I heard once about Catholic couples who haven't married yet feeling free to do everything possible under the sheets (anal, oral, etc.) short of penile-vaginal intercourse, because they believe it "doesn't really count", so they won't go to Hell for having premarital sex.

6. RaeofLite

Well let's see here... There are use of hands, strap ons, dildos, plugs, 69ing... I could go on. What a dumb*** thing to say. He obviously knows he's wrong but has no other way of explaining it without quoting a bigoted Bible verse.

7. Johnnieguy

Some Catholics also belive that receiving communion from another denomination's service doesn't count. Hmm, the Catholics (and I am/was one) seem to be the religion of "no". It's their way or the highway!

Such a sad state of affairs too..Poor hetero Catholics thinking the only way to enjoy sex is through vaginal intercouse. Such a narrow mindset!

P.S. Yay for Minnesota, my home state!