1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CNN Poll: 69% OK with gays in the military

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/22/cnn-poll-69-ok-with-gays-in-the-military/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%2Brss%2Fcnn_politicalticker%2B%28Blog%3A%2BPolitical%2BTicker%29&fbid=M-20mltRGIm

2. How in the fuck can someone be opposed to it?! I'd seriously like to know!

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I think that percentage is so hilarious given the subject matter. But good for them, there really is no reason to not oppose DADT. I'm glad a majority agrees

4. Beachboi92

^ haha agreed i was simply gonna comment
    heh 69 :grin:

5. Shevanel

[​IMG]

6. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I am glad that 70% of Americans are comfortable with having homosexuals serve in the military. However, wouldn't it be more useful to poll those who actually serve in the military? I mean, if anyone's opinions matter, it is theirs...who cares what the average American thinks, the average American isn't serving.

7. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Because the people who make the laws are elected by the average american. Even if 100% of the military was for repealing DADT, if you congressional district or state is only 49% for repeal and its a deciding issue, you aren't getting reelected.

8. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I am aware of all of this, but due to gerrymandering, a survey of the country at large still isn't necessarily helpful to many politicians. Anyways, my point was that 100% of most American's shouldn't care if gays serve in the military because most of them aren't serving in the military. The only people whose opinions should be relevant are those who are actively serving in the military.

9. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

i loooled so hard for this xD

10. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    gays cant join the miletary because they work for the devil DUH

11. RaeofLite

:roflmao: :eusa_clap

---

I think it's because some people are awkward with being hit on or "looked at, in that way" and others are insecure of their sexuality so the military thinks that.. they'll be 'fooling around in the showers' or something. Because all gays swing from chandeliers, do drugs and other things that are detrimental to society. *eyeroll*

12. Emberstone

they dont want to have dust ruffles and pillow shams in the barricks.

13. mydogstewie

What are we, some kind of fucking alien, no, we're human beings just like everyone else serving in the military...I hate people

14. Shevanel

^ You're just contributing to the problem then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. smartguy

Any arguments against gays in the military are just silly to me. It's known that there are many homosexuals in the army ALREADY. Why pretend that they aren't there?

16. paint

^ It's very ridiculous.

17. vitanil

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Though I can see why the military would oppose...the goal is to eliminate individuality in order to become more unified and function more effectively as a unit. The poll however is an indicator that things are changing for the better! :slight_smile: